CSA took 2 years to sort case, now wants arrears for that time

April 30, 2012

I am a father who see’s his child regulary. I have helped to clotheher and she also have stayed over.

I am married and have two more children living at home with me,it used to be 5 but they have since grown up and moved out.It has taken the CSA over 2 years to sort my case out, I have lived at the same address for 18 yrs and worked for the same employer for 16 years. They have always had all my details and i have always been complient with them.

Two years later I have now been stung with a £5,500 arrears bill and have to pay £45 a week. I am happy to pay the £45 a week but the CSA want me to pay £125 a week for te next 2 years to cover the arrears.I bring home £350 some times less have a wife and 2 dependent children with a mortgage and all the other bills families have to pay. I get no other benefits !! I have asked them to spread the arrears over a longer period to enable me to keep the roof over my families head and they will not budge. They also gave me 3 weeks notice for the first payment of £500.

Surely this is exessive and will impact massivly on my resident children.im not saying I dont want to pay but its the CSA fault this has taken 2 years to sort. Please help and give me some advise. This is now affecting my marriage and my quality of life, im in a desperate situation !!!!!!


How to win against the CSA

April 30, 2012

I went to court with the CSA about 10 years ago and had the case “struck out”. which means they cancelled the payment order and arrears.

This happens to about 3rd of cases (nearly all cases taken to court). The CSA are massively incompetent. the more incompetent the better, this helps your case. I am about to go to court again and in this letter I will show you how.

They want £181.40 a week of me and say I owe £7000. This is the letter I sent:

Date: 11 April 2012
Contact reference number *********
National insurance number:*********
CSA reference number ***********
Child Maintenance and Enforcement Division Appeals Section Enterprise Way Newtownabbey
BT58 1AE.

Dear Sir or Madam.

I am writing to you regarding a phone conversation made with “Kim.cstnswg1tn2” made on the 28th March 2012.

The intention of the conversation was an agreement to be made as regards to my payments to **********.

When I asked for evidence of a £7,000 account of outstanding debts;

Kim.cstnswg1tn2’s response was “I am not allowed to say.”

Kim.cstnswg1tn2 told me “if you do not tell me your account details I will charge you £15 a week.”

I stated that I couldn’t afford £84, as Kim.cstnswg1tn2 had not taken into account my income over an average of 5 weeks. Instead Kim.cstnswg1tn2 had taken my income based on my highest earned pay in one week. I am an agency worker, and only work a limited amount of weeks a year. This has to be taken into consideration also.

Kim.cstnswg1tn2 response was “I can take 40% of your net income; my decision is final”.

Kim.cstnswg1tn2 told me she had made an assessment based on the week starting 9th January 2012.

I found the conversation to be very upsetting and damaging. I feel my human rights have been compromised (chapter 8 of the human rights act 1998). I have been stripped of all my income and forced into a false debt. I have been totally humiliated and finding it difficult to come to terms with the prospect of more financial ruin and impending homelessness.

Kim.cstnswg1tn2 did not offer the opportunity to support an appeal and negligently denied my right to appeal; not only through the CMEC process but also through The Magistrates’ Courts. Clearly Kim.cstnswg1tn2 is defective in her assessment of my earning.

I am writing to you to request the following:

1. The right of audience, the right to conduct litigation; section 48 of the child support act 1991, sec (1)

2. A recalculation on a deduction from earnings order (DEO).

Under The Child Support Act 1991 chapter 18 Reviews of decisions of child support officers, subchapter (6) The Secretary of State shall refer to a child support officer any application under this section which is duly made; and the child support officer shall conduct the review applied for unless in his opinion there are no reasonable grounds for supposing that the refusal, assessment or cancellation in question-
(a) Was made in ignorance of a material fact;
(b) Was based on a mistake as to a material fact;
(c) Was wrong in law.

I am requesting a recalculation order based on 2 weeks before 9th January 2012 and 2 weeks after.

Week commencing 26.12.2011 JSA £60
Week commencing 02.01.2012 JSA £60
Week commencing 09.01.2012 PAY £377.60
Week commencing 16.01.2012 PAY £120
Week commencing 23.01.2012 JSA £60

I don’t understand how Kim.cstnswg1tn2 can issue a DEO of £181.44 per week.
Average earnings over 5 weeks is £135.40.

3. A request to appeal against a Deduction from Earning Order to recover arrears which have occurred because of the Agencies failure to act in the past.

The CMEC have failed to take into account of outstanding debts still owed from the marriage.
The CMEC have failed to take into account the time **** **** spends with his father.
The CMEC have failed to give any proof of an outstanding amount of debt owed.
The CMEC have failed to request proof of ***** ***** being eligible for child support.
The CMEC have failed to take into account traveling distance for myself to visit ***** ****.

4. A request for an investigation as to ****** *******’s clam to child maintenance. ******* ****** is 18 years old and informed me he attends ****** college one day a week on a part time bases. This is less than 12 hours as stated as the minimum to qualify for child support.

5. A request for compensation.

6. A request for all information regarding myself under the data protection act amended in 1998, chapter 7(F1)

right of access to personal data, subsection (1) sections a,b,(sub sections i,ii,iii) c, (sub sections i,ii) and d.

As you are a government agency; I believe it would be “in the sprit of the Law” for you to supply me with this information, free of charge. However, you can request a fee in writing.

I also intend to identify and correct any information if I deem it to be incorrect false or misleading.

Yours Sincerely,

Can I get my name on my son’s birth certificate

April 29, 2012

I have three children who where born an living in Scotland with my ex. She left me over 4 yrs ago for no good reason and stole over 5000 pound out of my bank but i let it go for the kids.

She has been consantly blocking me an making it very hard to have time with my kids. I pay over 620 pound a month csa and have done for Read more

I live in another country but still want to provide for my son

April 29, 2012

I have made payments for my Son to the CSA for the last three years.

I Made the CSA aware on the 15th February 2012 that i was changing employers and changing address on the 27th Feb 2012 i spoke to CSA case officer Ted Holms. I gave the new residential address and Details of new Employer i was told that a Officer would contact me to discuss situation after i left old employer and started with New employer. I still wish to provide for my son but live in a different country now.

No Case Officer has contacted me and i am at a loss on what to do now.

CSA are useless, father hasn’t paid a penny

April 28, 2012

My child will be 15 soon the father has not paid a penny.

The CSA are useless Im left on hold I get hung up I got passed from one person to another the phone call all the while is costing me money which should be money spent on my child. Because my child is on the Old Rules Cases and not on the new system there are only a few people left to deal with the Old Rules Cases, so my case has fallen through the cracks and been forgotton about.

I thought the CSA are there to help’ I dont get any correspondents from them. They should have a Duty Of Care to every child which they dont. The CSA have failed my child who will be 15 soon.

Husband has his own business and doesn’t pay CSA

April 28, 2012

My husband had his own business when we were married, the same business he still has today. I first applied for maintenance money in 1999 when we separated for our three children.

Over the years my exhusband managed to avoid paying for any of the children. How he did this, i will never know, and the CSA were anything but helpful!!! In fact i felt at times i was asking for money that i wasnt entitled to, and i was a problem to them. I contacted my local MP, and did all i could to get the money i deserved and entitled to.

Only last year, i was awarded 60.00 per money, money for my youngest son. This large amount was meant to also cover arears built up over the last 13 years. However, i have just received a letter telling me, i was now awarded 24.46 per month!!! I have just came off the phone and almost in tears, as the woman was patronising and not one bit empathetic.

It’s disgusting, as i will also add that at this time my exhusband is presently sunbathing abroad on holiday with his new partner and their two children, no doubt laughing all the way to the bank….where is the justice!!!!

Large payment arrears from the Child Support Agency

April 27, 2012

I am a mother of three children, two of which my ex husband is the father of. We have an account set up with the child support agency, but there are arrears of about 6 weeks (roughly £400 worth) of child maintenance payments that my ex husband has missed – and is refusing to pay. We have got to the stage of considering enforced payments, but he is refusing to cooperate on all levels and I am left in a tremendously difficult financial situation.

Whilst the Child support agency have tried to resolve this, it is becoming increasingly difficult to contact my ex partner and I fear that this arrear will never be cleared. I have been unable to work myself for a number of years now due to medical reasons – so quite understandably, the weekly payments of £70 are significant to my household income. I would really appreciate some help and advice on what I can do to speed up the process of retrieving the money that is owed, perhaps through court.

I know for sure that my ex husband works full time, owns a car and lives alone, so this manner in which he is refusing to pay is completely uncalled for.

My family and I have been feeling quite at loss over this situation, and it is time that we called for extra help – because the child support agency have just dragged out the issue over months without doing anything to actually solve it. If an advisor could get in touch with me by email or phone, that would be very highly appreciated. Thank you for your time. Irina Volchkova

Paying Child supoort to California to a woman who lives in Virginia

April 27, 2012

My name is Charles Elder and I reside in West Virginia. My ex-wife was living in Virginia Beach Virginia in 1998 and then she moved to California without notice. When she got there she told them I had not paid child support which was a lie because the State of Virginia was taking it from my pay checks. After this was straightened out California became the recipient of my payments.

My ex-wife lived in California for two years and returned back to the East coast in 2000. Since her return back she has never closed the case in California and they continue to take 210.00 bi-weekly from my paychecks. My son was born Nov 2, 1991 and is 21 years old now.

I have an active relationship with him and I have medical and dental coverage on him. I got remarried and have been for 15 years but this financial strain is causing friction within my home, and keeping me from progressing financially. It seems unfair that California can continue to take child support when the child has not even lived in the state over the last 12 years.

I have a arrears that should have been caught up by now, but California pays on the interest before the principle. I feel my rights as a father who has met his obligations and continues to meet his obligations is still being punished.

I love my son and continue to help him when I can outside of my child support obligation. But I feel that California has no right to continue to take finances from me.

Help in fighting the Child Support Agency

April 26, 2012

I will start from the beginning.

Basically got married and within a few months my wife got pregnant and I was sent to the spare room!!! One day she went for me throwing punches and kicking me with which I held her off by holding her arms, result of this she took me to crown court and produced photos of bruises on her upper arms from where I held her also saying I was violent towards her and she was in fear of her life, I did not even get a hearsay in court and have never ever raised my hand to a woman. The out come of the case was the judge said I was unfit to be a father and have no parental rights to this child what so ever not even allowed to send a birthday card.

I now find out I owe 28,000.00 child maintenance to the csa.

What to do I have no idea.

The child in question is now 18 its not that I would have begrudged paying towards her its the fact that I remember saying about money towards the baby but that was when the judge said under no circumstances are you to have anything to do with the child.
Dont know which way to turn.

I also feel robbed of a daughter.

Child Support (Management of Payment and Arrears) Regulations 2009

April 26, 2012

My husband passed away at the age of 49 in July last year. He left behind myself, 2 children (24 and 23) as well as a granddaughter. He paid the due child maintenance to his ex wife through the CSA up until he left the UK to settle abroad in early 2000. From that point onward he sent money directly to his ex-wife and later to his children directly.

In September 2000 he was sent a letter by the CSA to advise him that the case was closed. He never heard from the CSA again in his lifetime.

He continued to support his children, even to the point of flying his son out to Dubai to live with us when he was thrown out of his home by his mother at the age of 16. He continued to support his daughter, when she left her home at the age of 16 as she was told by her mother that after the age of 16 her care had Read more

Next Page »