CSA place DEO on me even though I have paid

May 23, 2010

Hello, i am not on a high payed job and have a new family with a baby girl. I have agreed an amount with my x which gets paid weekly via bank transfer. about a year and a half ago i was stung with a £500 bill after my x refused to confirm our agreement so i had to pay it.

I thought it was all done and dusted but now the csa have applied for an attachment of my earnings and i am having the same trouble getting my x to confirm my payments.

Where is the rights for fathers who do pay for their children? I have my boy every weekend and still get treated like this. I physically cannot afford to have to pay csa again i have rent and bills to pay. In my opinion the csa is a waste of time and resources and whilst speaking to them on the phone i find that they are the least helpful and the rudest call centre i have ever spoken to.

Advice on what i should do next would be helpful. I have bank statements to prove the payments but on the phone they say they cannot accept these as proof of payment what steps do i need to take next.


  • Brokenfather says:

    Once the CSA are involves never pay your ex a penny direct.

    You really should have learned the first time that she cannot be trusted!

  • chall says:

    Hi Michael M,

    What date did your case commence with the agency?

    Did you have a standing order set up through your bank to pay your ex?

    Was your payment method via the CSA, pay direct to you ex?

    Click on my user name and join us in the forum at afairercsaforall.

  • >