What happens if my son goes to prison?

June 29, 2014

Hi, could you please tell me if i still have to pay for my child if he goes to court and getts a custodial sentance?


10 Responses to “What happens if my son goes to prison?”

  1. Amanda Johnson on June 29th, 2014 9:41 am

    Omg am I really hearing this your more concerned about wether or not you still have to contribute to your son than him going to jail in the first place ?? Sod the money prioritise your son

  2. Amanda Johnson on June 29th, 2014 9:45 am

    Amanda Johnson liked this on Facebook.

  3. melanie parton on June 29th, 2014 10:29 am

    i wudnt gav thort so coz pwc hasnt got him…….n i dont think hes more worried about this more than prison i just feel he feels the ex will rape him for muny shes not entitled to
    ……happens a lot…..hes probly struugling like so many under this agency tbf…. but if at hm pleasure i wouldnt pay her coz pwc hasnt got him n hes not in education

  4. melanie parton on June 29th, 2014 10:33 am

    also inform child benefit 8ncase she carties on claiming like ours tried too (DIFF CIRCS) COPT HER OUT CHASED N MONITIRED IT SUDDNLY CLOSURE LETTER duno wat yr ex is like but there all capable when it cums to gettin muny from u……….

  5. Del Miller on June 29th, 2014 11:11 am

    No its a valid question. If the lad is old enough to be given a custodial sentence then he’s old enough for maintenance not to be collected. Plus if the judge decides he’s going down there is nothing the parents can do now

  6. Clinton Harcup on June 29th, 2014 11:18 am

    What if his son has been alienated from him for years? And the courts have allowed this to happen, how does he prioritise that?

  7. Amanda Johnson on June 29th, 2014 11:38 am

    That may be your opinion del but the current law states CSa is to be paid until 19 I do feel that if a child is on care or custody then it should be paid to those responsible for the child’s care by both parents.

  8. Amanda Johnson on June 29th, 2014 11:39 am

    Did he say he hadn’t seen the child??? No he didn’t he obviously has contact or he wouldn’t know about the court in the first place.

  9. Author Chris Jones on June 29th, 2014 1:11 pm

    Amanda Johnson if court sends him to jail dads nor mums cant do anything to stop it. Its also called csa child support not pwc support. If he was to move out of pwcs house pwc cant claim support still. If child still at home in further education excludung uni the law says 20 not 19.
    No csa won’t have to be paid cos the pwc is nolonger a pwc they are not the caring parent nolonger and wen I say care I mean as in looking after the child. However this is wen the csa will then say oh the arrears u still have to pay……… then make up false amounts then double it.

  10. Kristen Herald on June 29th, 2014 1:45 pm

    Kristen Herald liked this on Facebook.

Got something to say?