What happens if my child’s name changes?

March 24, 2014

My husband and I separated in September 13. He wants no contact with my son whom he has adopted.

My son is wanting to change his surname to my maiden name. If I do this by Deed Poll with the fathers consent (if he will give it), would I still be able to go thru the child maintenance service to obtain maintenance for my child?

My husbands name is on my sons birth certificate.

Many thanks


  • Dean Lloyd says:

    Do i still have to pay maintence if my ex changes my daughters name to her husband s surname by deed poll im on the birth certificate

  • >