What are my rights against abusive CSA?

February 6, 2018

I pay direct to my daughters mother her maintainence weekly by standing order but mother is denying I am paying and I have to show bank statements to prove I am paying. CSA are now threatening me with court action, seizure of my belongings and driving license and i feel stressed and intimidated by it. What are my options as I regard this as abusive from both her and them. Do I have any rights ?


  • David Joseph says:

    Hello Ryan

    I cannot believe the audacity of the CMS. If you have provided proof of payment, that should be sufficient to drop the matter. They have given the parent with care much too much power and this lead to unfairness and abuse of the system by both PWC and the CSA/CMS alike. They should not take her word over yours without good reason.

    The only way to deal with this is to challenge it but it is very stressful doing it on your own. You need to ask whether they are satisfied with the evidence provided and if not provide reasons for their decision. Ask that they cease harassing you when you are already meeting your obligations. They should investigate matters and get back to you with a final decision. You may need to seek redress at Tribunal level.

    If you need help with any of the above, contact me in the first instance at [email protected]


  • >