Stopped from seeing my child by my own mum

June 26, 2015

I have a 12 year old son who I haven’t seen or be able to see since he was one as my Mum decided I was an unfit parent.

I was suffering from severe post natal depression at the time and foumdfound myself walking away from my son. Mother made it clear that I was not allowed contact with her or my son. I was on my own and it took me a long time to come to terms with my depression.

Fast foward 11 years and she is now asking for CSA payments. The CSA contacted me and advised that I had to pay arrears going back to when my son was one. I am now paying 30% of my wage to her every month.

I have begged her to discuss this with me privatly as I now have two 6 year old step children and a partner. I want to contribute to my sons upbringing but I can’t afford what the CSA have said I can.

We don’t go out partying ever, my partner works little hours to support his children and we have little savings. I have now fallen behind in payments again as I have missed a month and I have no idaidea what to do. Help!