Should I give my partners details to the csa?

April 5, 2008

Someone asked us the question:

Should I give my partners details to the csa

The short answer is no. If you’re a parent with care and you’re claiming benefit then the CSA will be notified and involved automatically, you can’t avoid it. However if you’re not claiming benefit then you have a choice to make on whether you involve the CSA or not.

If you do you should be advised that you won’t receive all of the money they take, and even if they do manage to get money from the father of your child it could be months or even years before you see any of it. The CSA are a messy dysfunctional organisation who have a past history of losing details, making mistakes and costing both parents with care and non resident parents hassle and stress.

It’s much better if you can work out any payment for your children with your ex-partner and don’t involve the child support agency at all. You won’t find them to be helpful.


  • David says:

    Do you need professional advice with problems associated with the CSA or an ex-partner? Give David a call on 075 0062 567.

  • >