Should I be paying for both children?

August 27, 2013

I have 50/50 shared residency of our two children 3 and 7 years, I receive the child benefit for the seven year old and working tax credits, my ex receives benefit for our 3 year old. She is unemployed, should I be paying for both children? Seems abit unfair that I should pay, considering I’m on working tax credits!


2 Responses to “Should I be paying for both children?”

  1. Amanda Preston Andy Quinn on August 27th, 2013 8:35 am

    No you shouldn’t be paying! If your ex has put a claim in against you you should be paying for the one kid that lives with your ex and then you counter claim for the other kid that lives with you! Or am I picking you up wrong? Either way you have 50/50 shared access so should not be paying anything at all phone the Csa speak with your case worker and tell them you are recording the call so they can’t go back on what they tell you but chances are when you say you are recording the call they will suddenly have a bad line! Ask for a breakdown of payment schedule and see exactly what you are paying for good luck

  2. jo on August 27th, 2013 9:10 am

    No, you should only be paying for the child that’s not resident in your home. Csa go by child benefit, I’ll write a letter to the csa and find out what is going on, never ring them as phone agents aint a clue! Might be worth seeing your mp.

Got something to say?