My son now has his own child so should I still be paying?

March 23, 2014

I am paying csa for my son who will be 18 in April 2014 he is engaged and has just had a child of his own, he is still living at home and is on a scholarship for a football club.

As part of the scholarship he goes to college 1 or 2 days a week but i don’t know if this would class as ‘full time education’.

As he has his own child (and associated child benefit at least) but is in part time education should I still be paying for him and if so at what age will I have to continue to pay for him until?


  • Adrian says:

    Probably not what you want to hear but yes
    However you could argue that part of education stating it’s not full time education. This is where the csa rules need to be changed.
    Basically what you need to be looking at is when the mother stops claiming child benefit. At this point you should stop paying csa
    Makes no sence your making payments for a child who is claiming chilling benefit. These mp’s need to sort this out. Good luck

  • Becky millar says:

    Actually no. My son has a scholarship and I have had all benefits stopped for him. They earn £100 per week therefore no child benefit, child tax credit or CSA is legal. You must call them and tell them.

  • >