My ex rents out her home – can I claim any of the money from this?

October 30, 2013

I have two children, one lives with the mother I have the other. We each have to pay maintenance but I get next to nothing. My x wife lives with her partner in his home& rents out her home, can I claim of that income??


5 Responses to “My ex rents out her home – can I claim any of the money from this?”

  1. Lisa on October 30th, 2013 1:47 pm

    I would think so yes, I’m assuming CSA don’t know about this disposable income of your ex, to be honest coming to an arrangement between yourselves if this isn’t possible and your struggling then maybe let the CSA know about things so your child gets what they are entitled to

  2. Jolene Jennifer Richardson on October 30th, 2013 2:01 pm

    Yes you can if it is not to pay off the mortgage and it is profit. Get a variation form from the CSA,

  3. 'Dave Darby on October 30th, 2013 3:26 pm

    It can also be construed as an ‘income’ to her as well, of which she should be declaring to the CSA.

  4. Kevin Williscroft on October 30th, 2013 3:37 pm

    U can’t win a raffle without buying a ticket……Report it……. Then sit and wait……and wait…..and wait……..they may do something….

  5. chall on October 30th, 2013 6:24 pm

    Hi Kevin,

    You can apply for an additional income variation for unearned income from rental income from property or land.
    However, if your ex is making payments on a mortgage, loan or insurance policy etc, for the property, these may be taken into consideration.

Got something to say?