My complaint letter to the Child Support Agency

January 24, 2012

Dear Mr Jackson
Re letter ref: SNE BIS DE EMP WG1 TM4

I am writing to you regarding the above referenced letter that I received on 17 January 2012. I was extremely disappointed to receive this letter as it stated that I have not been in touch with you. This is simply not true.

I phoned you in May 2011 regarding the birth of my son with my wife Mrs McCauley. I was instructed in this phone call to contact you when I received the Child Benefit number. I phoned again in June 2011 to provide you with the Child Benefit number. I have yet to receive the recalculated payment amounts from you.

In May 2011 I also informed you, through a phone call and a letter that I was being made redundant from my job and was instructed to keep you informed of my situation. I phoned again in June to inform you of my new employment with 24/7.

In September 2011 I started to receive Job Seeker’s Allowance due to my employment with 24/7 ending. I phoned you in September 2011 to inform you of this new situation. I received a letter from you in October 2011 telling me that you were taking £38 from my Job Seeker’s Allowance. Can I have this payment explained please?

In late November 2011 I started a new permanent job and was waiting until I had received 3 payslips before I contacted you to have my payments calculated.

As you can see from the above I phoned you in May, June and September of last year informing you of my changing situation. I am still waiting to hear from you regarding my changing payments as a result of the birth of my son in May 2011.

If you have tried to contact me I am completely unaware of this as I have received no letters, telephone messages (which you are instructed not to do) or emails since October 2011.

Please respond to this letter.

Mr Garry McCauley


  • Bob says:

    nice 🙂

  • Brian says:

    Hi Garry,

    I have the same situation and now they “CSA” tell me I am in arrears by £1,333 for what they claim was me not responding or being non-compliant. I’m totally shocked and have been trying to get answers as yet tothis date NOTHING!.

    Just recently I lost my job due to the CSA harassment of my employer and now I’m unemployed. I now use NACSA to deal with CSA as well.

    That’s why I’ve asked to see my MP and email him to let him knwo that from now on ALL CORRESPONDENCE i.e letter will be copied to my local MP Jim Dowd.

    EVERYONE GET YOUR MP involved!! NO matter what.

    Regardless send them a copy of every letter you send to the CSA. Don’t let the MP do nothng. Stand up and get the MP over worked with local CSA cases guaranteed to piss them off and force the issues directly with higher CSA bods..please pass this message on.

    CSA will only take notice if an MP gets pissed off

    Brian – now umeployed! and NOT claiming benefits as I’m not entitled to.

  • chall says:


    Have you applied for your Data Protection File?
    It would cost you £10, but you should receive all the info that the agency hold on you. Once in receipt, you should be able to see if the information you gave the agency during your telephone calls was noted.

    chall ~ afairercsaforall

  • n shaw says:

    hi ,
    what you need to do is but in ‘ offical letter of complaint ‘ to the csa . they have to answer in 5 days. this is the only way to get through to the csa. there are useless.
    we had the same problem with our new baby with new calucations and then will csa mis- calucations of payment and are threat to take them to court . ( in which we did and we won. ) .
    you have to be forceful to them.

  • Steve H says:

    Do everything in writing. Use the complaints procedure. Ask for a face to face meeting.Copy in your MP and make it clear in every letter you send that is what you are doing. Always, ALWAYS end your letter with the phrase “All other options to resolve this dispute including but not limited to legal action remain open”. keep the pressure on. Good luck

  • >