Must we stick to the CSA’s amount?

March 7, 2015

My sons girlfriend left him after 4years with thier son and is now living up near blackpool whereas my son lives down south.

He recieved a solicitors letter saying that the csa has told her he must pay 57 pounds a week but she will accept 33.

Is this correct or do the csa have to work out what he earns and what his outgoings are brfore they work out the payments and does he pay her or the csa?


4 Responses to “Must we stick to the CSA’s amount?”

  1. Dave Johnstone on March 7th, 2015 4:44 pm

    If there is a case open with the csa then yes, if not you can make whatever she asks, as long as it’s not more than the csa say!

  2. Dave Darby on March 7th, 2015 5:53 pm

    If the resident parent is happy with a private arrangement with the non-resident parent, then that fee can be whatever it wants to be. The non-resident parent should then only pay by direct debit. The private agreement does not have to be what the CSA say if they are not involved.
    Furthermore, what is a solicitor doing bring up maintenance payments. If the resident parent is claiming legal aid, then child maintenance is NOT covered by the public funding certificate.

  3. Peter on March 11th, 2015 5:19 pm

    Family Based Arrangements are a better course of action. Dave is right, it has nothing to do with the CMS (CSA) as they can not be involved with action against you if there’s a ‘live’ case, however any mutual arrangement is better than one through the CMS, ask for HER ‘draft proposal agreement’ to be drawn up by her solicitor and go from there.

  4. Peter on March 11th, 2015 5:21 pm

    Sorry, that should have read; ” Dave is right, it has nothing to do with her solicitor…”

Got something to say?