I’ve been left with no money to live on – is there anything I can do?

October 31, 2013

I was seperated from my childs partner and tried to arrange a private payment with her as she was on benefits but she refused. She or the jobcentre contacted the c.s.a and they decided that i was to pay £108 A WEEK …

i was working and making approx £190 a week with full rent, shopping and was in a new relationship and supporting another child. anyway this fight went on where they eventually arreseted my wages and took all money over £80 a week off my wages and forced me out of my job….

i ended up paying £70 a month payments to them for years and out of the blue they arrested my wages and are now taking £219 a month to pay arrears that accumulated in 97/98/99 where they wanted the £108p/w

…. i am also paying £300 monthly to my other ex for 3 kids but not through the c.s.a so basically over half of my wages is going to maintenance and what is left is barely covering my rent/ food . contacting the c.s.a they will not help me, or reduce the payment…. it is only arrears left as my child is 19 and in F/T employment.

at my wits end with nowhere to turn.. is there anything i can do please


7 Responses to “I’ve been left with no money to live on – is there anything I can do?”

  1. Sasha Cullen on October 31st, 2013 3:57 pm

    Csa can only take 15% of your wages they are taking far too much off you u need to get them to reasess the amount

  2. Sara Turnock on October 31st, 2013 4:14 pm

    Join CSA Ripoffs. Lots of great help, advice and support.

  3. Mick Radford on October 31st, 2013 6:38 pm

    they can take upto 40% if you have arrears

  4. Andrew Jones on October 31st, 2013 8:05 pm

    Go unemployed. Or selfemployed. And pay them £10 a week..

  5. Paul Jones on October 31st, 2013 8:23 pm

    I get raped by the CSA. £240 CSA, £255 for her car loan & £120 a month in fuel to keep contact. CSA don’t care that they are actually making me an absent parent!!! #criminal

  6. Matt on November 1st, 2013 10:04 am

    As one of you ex’s insists on using the CSA then you should move the other into the system also. I say this reluctantly as involving the CSA at all is bad news however, you will find yourself paying less overall as all they can take is a max of 25% of your income after tax. They will then proportion it between the mothers of your children accordingly.

  7. Leon P Parkinson on November 1st, 2013 6:00 pm

    The CSA do the same to me. They don’t take in to account living expenses at all. I think lots of us should write to Watchdog at the same time and hopefully get a story featured. A bit of publicity may get the governments attention.

Got something to say?