It costs me so much to see my children – can I get any CSA relief?

October 30, 2013

My ex lives in Northern Ireland I live in England I see my two children for six to eight weeks a year for a week at a time. When I travel to collect them to bring them to my house it costs me £180 fuel four journeys there back there back and £100 ferry crossings plus food and entertainment for the week.

Can I get some form of relief from my monthly CSa payment? This is usually at a total cost of around £300 each time I see them.


  • chall says:

    Hi John,

    You can apply for a special expenses variation for the cost of keeping up regular contact with a child or children you are paying child maintenance for .

  • >