Is there anybody actually WORKING at the CSA?

July 3, 2011

I have been paying maintenance to my ex through the CSA for quite some time now and i despair at the ignorance and complete uselessness of these people, where do they get them from??

Every time i have contacted them regarding my payments, it is always the same story; nobody knows anything,i will have to call back,let me try to find out etc…etc…

A while back,i contacted them because i suspected that my daughter (whom i have no contact with) was not in full time education hence i should not have to pay anymore maintenance to my ex, it took more than a YEAR for them to find out and get back to me,after which they send me a letter to inform me that the case had been close more than 18 months previously!!!!

The bottom line is that i have been overpaying them to the tune of £4000.

I now have received another letter from them telling me that it was all a big mistake (surprise surprise) and that i would not see any money back They managed to reopen the case (god knows how) and backdated it 18 months.

My daughter is now 19 and i am still battling to stop them taking money out of my paycheck despite numerous assurances that the case was now closed!!!!

I am so disgusted by all this and the worst is that since they are a government agency they seem to be able to get away with anything.

I don’t know what to do anymore short of getting a solicitor.


  • KMcQ80 says:

    laurent cochelin asks:- Is there anybody actually WORKING at the CSA?
    Very few.
    Many are agency staff ( they come and they go).
    The rest are marching demanding better pensions,few working hours,better conditions etc.
    Remember the British public sector has a rate of absenteeism far higher than the private sector.
    Next time you see or hear public sector workers out on strike, remember your experience with the CSA before you support them.

  • chall says:

    Are there any arrears on your case?

    Involve your local MP. They will manage to get a quicker response and if you have not done so already, escalate your case to an official complaint.

    chall ~ afairercsaforall

  • >