I’m appealing but it won’t make any difference – what can I do?

September 5, 2013

The CSA are in fact making me an absent patent. I have a personal loan for the car my Ex drives, she relocated to Scarborough to prevent me getting shared residency, leaving me with alternate weekends.

I now have to travel 400 miles each weekend with contact costing approx £60 in fuel on top of wear & tear to my vehicle. I have appealed the CSA payment previously because of the car loan & was turned down, now with the cost of travel, the CSA & loan payment it’s costing £620 a month.

This on top of my mortgage, and all my other costs of living I can barely afford to eat or in fact provide for my son when I have him. I am appealing this again due to huge financial hardships yet I don’t believe any of this will make a difference. Any/all advice would be greatly appreciated.


7 Responses to “I’m appealing but it won’t make any difference – what can I do?”

  1. BoomJonesy on September 5th, 2013 8:11 am

    RT @CSAHell: I’m appealing but it won’t make any difference – what can I do?: The CSA are in fact making me an absent… http://t.co/KBAjSv…

  2. Kevin Williscroft on September 5th, 2013 9:07 am

    Mate…… Sorry to say the heartless bastards at the CSA will not give a monkeys arse about it…… They will just screw you every time…….. I’ve had 13 years of it……

  3. Michael Davies on September 5th, 2013 9:45 am

    Together we can change the csa. The law needs to be changed and its not hard for them to use their brain. and this is one reason why. Fathers do need to pay for their children but the way in which payments are worked out needs to change. Like payments are worked out after LIFE bills and taken into account first like food rent etc. Then they also needs to look at the full household income of the mother and take that into account so the money doze go to mums who really do need it not mums who want the use it to pay their new car off why you cant pay your rent.. They need to stop taking into account working tax credits and child tax credits on the fathers side as an income also. Also if the mother will not let you see you kids you should pay less. It the mother gets married or moves in a new partner then that’s a family unit and a parent who hardy sees their child should not pay a full amount. Like this if you agree and for this to change everyone being used as a money cow needs to come together to have there vice heard. Maybe everyone wright a letter to your MP telling what’s happened to you and tell em you want how its worked out to change all on the same day lol? Its not going change by just griping about it on here.

  4. Bella on September 5th, 2013 1:35 pm

    How are you appealng? Did you complete the request for variation form? I would recommend completing that with travel costs and the loan and photocopying it.

    If the CSA turn it down, any fool can see on paper it should be accepted, so send the photocopy to your MP with a letter detailing everything you’ve said above and copy it to the CSA Central Appeals Agency.

    If all of that fails I would stop paying (but put the money away as it will create arrears) and every time they chase you demand a face to face meeeting wth a caseworker.

    If even after that it doesn’t work they’ll start sending demands for the money, go to court and you’ll get to sit down with a court appointed officer.

    Obvsiously all of that doesn’t always work because they are corrupt but I’d certainly make sure you’ve done all of the above before giving up. In this case I think you’ll have a much better chance from face to face meetings so keep pushing.

    Good luck :o(

  5. John on September 5th, 2013 2:09 pm

    Letter to the Chief Executive. Complaint to the Independent case examiner.

    and as above!

  6. Ann on September 6th, 2013 8:40 pm

    Ask for a variation to account for your travel expenses – they’ll send out a form for you to fill in and send back. If you’re writing in to dispute an assessment then make sure to include the evidence as they will only ask for it at a later date – or risk them disregarding the dispute request without the sufficient evidence. Do they account for the alternate weekends in your latest assessment? If not, you’re entitled to a reduction for at least 52 nights per year (averaging at one night per week – one weekend in every two) so long as this is agreed between parents or a court order is in place.

    Good luck 🙂

  7. Anonymous on September 7th, 2013 2:17 pm

Got something to say?