CSA Complaints

I was one of the first to feel the evil of the CSA

I’ve been paying my payments for years. I was one of the first to get done buy these shots. I was all ready paying my wife but then they step in.

They upped my payments from £30 a week to £176 a week this left me with £20 to live on a week I told them to stop taking payment from or I would give up my job,they then stopped taking the payment.

When I move jobs they got back in contact with me I was then paying about £8000 a year this was including the arrears I played this for 10yrs I then add a accident in work i am now disabled because of this accident the accident they then stopped taking the payment from me because I was given a disabled pensioned,they have how got back in contact with me after 12yrs and now want me to pay £2,756.11p.I am now on a pension of £12,000 a year my wife can not get any work at this time,also I’ve got a 7year old little girl to look after, things are very hard for us for at this time.also when the court set up my payments I made a clean break I give my x wife the house we had.

But the CSA did not look at this when it came to them taking payment for me.ware do I stand with the house can I claim half the house back now.

Thanks very much for the help.

All the very best
Alan Samuel.

2 thoughts on “I was one of the first to feel the evil of the CSA

  1. Hi

    Sorry to here about your situation. I’m currently fighting them to try and save my house, which is left to my children, but they may not get as the csa want to force a sale and keep the money they collect for the secretary of state. (they already told me this is what will happen)

    Have you had your data prints or complained about the way your case has been handled?

    Here is some general advice –

    ‘This isnt the csa its an open forum so don’t give names/details etc especially of children. (your own name can be used to identify the kids, and your case)

    Don’t deal with the csa by phone, everything in writing, sent recorded, keep the receipts.

    Copy your MP into everything and try and get them involved as your advocate.

    Make a formal complaint about any decision you are unhappy with from the outset as time limits are involved. Always go for an appeal tribunal asap following the internal process.

    Get a copy of your Data Protection prints from the outset so you know what you are dealing with, again follow the correct procedure in wording your request to get ALL information, send it to the right department, send the correct fee.

    Don’t be afraid to complain about any csa staff, or their superiors if you feel you have just cause.

    Remember the process, internal complaint, ‘independent’ case examiner (the csa protection department), appeals tribunal, parliamentary and health service ombudsman through your mp for maladministration.’

    There are a couple of sites you can also look at –

    afairercsaforall – one of the moderators (chall) often posts on here.

    © ChildSupportLaws – general info. – not sure it will help but worth a look. – they don’t help you if you are getting advice elswhere. – I’ve heard of them and they get a good review but cost money. (£30pm I think)

    As mentioned, chall often posts on here and may see your post and respond, or you could check out her own forum. (the first one I mentioned)

    Also someone called ‘alice’ posts comments on here and may be able to help.

    Read the various threads on here eg ‘Court ruling leaves child maintenance authority ‘emasculated’ – ‘November 1, 2012’

    You may pick up some useful info.

    Hope this helps


  2. Alan Samuel

    CSA legislation became law 5 April 1993. At that point it was clearly recorded that the give a parent a house in lieu of child support in the child’s future was NOT a legally binding option.

    In short such an agreement is worthless and cannot be taken into account by the CSA unless the law changes.

    If you gave your ex the house after receiving advice from a solicitor then I suggest you take action against the solicitor for failing to advise your correctly. No-one at the CSA has any authority to work outside the law of this country whatever their personal opinion.

    There seems to be a huge misconception that CSA staff make the law. They don’t-The Tory government did in 1991 and subsequent governments have added to it since then.

    Another myth whilst I am on CSA staff do NOT receive a cut of child support, commission, Christmas bonuses or anything else claimed by disgruntled individuals.

    Re the arrears

    If the monies are owed to your ex, rather than the State to repay benefit she has been receiving, then your ex can agree not to receive those arrears. HOWEVER arrears CANNOT be written off in such circumstances simply because the law doesn’t permit it. Again this can only change if the law changes.

    Any arrears that have accrued after July 2000 can be enforced/collected at any point in your life regardless of the age of your children, your circumstances or those of your ex

    In short
    1. Take action against your poor solicitor
    2. Ask your ex to suspend arrears collection

    Good Luck

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.