CSA Help

I don’t blame the CSA, I just want it sorted

To whom it may concern, i am writeing to complain about my case, i had to tell the csa that ,y ex partner was working, and since then i have been messed about on phone calls and been told 4 different story’s the first one was that use spoke to him on the 22/9/12 and that he has told you his earnings, and that you would then check with the employer, within the same week, then i phoned again and got told a case officer would speed payment up as still not recieved anything.

The third phone call was they are waiting on a calculation of earnings and should of heared someting and payment within 3 weeks and still nothing i telephoned again on 19th of november and got told that it takes 12 weeks to process this and i have to know wait because its only been 8 weeks, i as you know am on jsa and a single mother, michael stafford has no contact with olivia who is 5 and hasnt done since she was 2 so i am very angry that i thought i could rely on csa to help with the upbringing of my child.

I have recieved a very good service until now, and you have always helped me, and although i dont blame any individual for this but i would like a final answer about my situation, and to find out when i will recieve payment, because csa payments would be a big help to me if i got a final decision of payment dates or a time scale of this decision and wouldnt of had to complain, i do hope this will be resolved.

2 thoughts on “I don’t blame the CSA, I just want it sorted

  1. Hi

    First of all – This isnt the csa its an open forum so don’t give names/details etc especially of children. (your name usually links you to your kids so most people use a nickname etc)

    The general procedure for getting anything done is –

    Don’t deal with the csa by phone, everything in writing, sent recorded, keep the receipts.

    Copy your MP into everything and try and get them involved as your advocate.
    Make a formal complaint about any decision you are unhappy with from the outset as time limits are involved. Always go for an appeal tribunal asap following the internal process.

    Get a copy of your Data Protection prints from the outset so you know what you are dealing with, again follow the correct procedure in wording your request to get ALL information, send it to the right department, send the correct fee.

    Don’t be afraid to complain about any csa staff, or their superiors if you feel you have just cause.

    Remember the process, internal complaint, ‘independent’ case examiner (the csa protection department), appeals tribunal, parliamentry and health service ombudsman through your mp for maladministration.

    I can’t comment on your own case but hope the above helps in some way.

  2. Hi joanne,

    As has already been said, this isn’t the CSA, you would need to contact them directly.

    The link below may give you a bit more info.

    Once the agency have made contact with your ex, this sets the effective date for the case to commence.
    The agency will only be able to make a payment to you if they have received one from the non resident parent.
    You should receive a schedule stating how much your ex’s liability is and when payments are due.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.