I can’t afford my payments to CSA. Can they be reduced?

July 4, 2015

I am a 32 year old male and i have just found out recently that i have 16 year old daughter, my employer has been contacted by the csa to take 43% of my wage to make payments and they have been doing so for the past 4 months.

the problem i have is that the csa are back dating the payments for the last 16 years, most of them i was out of work or suffering from an illness. i really dont begrudge paying for my daughter but i am struggleing financialy because of the amount i get paid and what is taken out leaves me with a huge problem of paying rent and living. i am also struggeling to make my way into work on a regular basis due to a lack of funds. is there any way i can get the deductions from my wages reduced? because at the moment im finding it hard to cope…..

i want to pay for my daughter, that by the way i have only met once because she lives in dundee scotland and i am in london, but at the moment i am finding it hard to do so..