I am at a loss as to what to do

August 10, 2017

I was in court in 2005/6 about the csa who did a reasessment and back dated it to 2000/2002. i had just come to the end of my liability for my child when they did this. i challenged it at the time and the courts wanted more proof from the then csa. they could not provide this and so never proceeded and for the past 10+ years i never heard another thing. however now that the agency has changed name to the child maintenance service i received notification last october demanding the alledged arrears from the 2000/2002 reasessment.

have tried several times both writing and ringing but they refuse to speak to me. i have lodged a complaint and still heard nothing. they went ahead with a deductions from earnings order and being taking money from my wage for the past 4 weeks. i am at a loss as to what to do as this agency seems to be a law until itself. my child will be 32 in 6 months. how can they after some 10 years do this and refuse to discuss it.anyone who can offer advice i would be grateful. i paid everything they asked and when i was no longer liable they do this after some 10 years.


  • Mark says:

    Have the case independently reviewed by ICE.

  • David says:

    Hi there

    Your case is rather complex but it doesn’t mean there is no way out. Based on what you said it appears the Agency have circumvented the law. There is regulations which prevents them acting in this way. Yes they do operate above the law but they can be beaten.

    I suggest you contact me in order to discuss your case in more details to see what can be done. Drop me a line at [email protected]


  • Tock says:

    By laws you stop paying when the child in full time education. Or reach age of 20. If in the past you never paid CSA yes they can deducted and back dated unless you have the letter from the court saying why and the case is close. Also the case should be close by now.

  • >