Husband trying to claim via CSA

February 2, 2012

My partner’s son is 18 years old. He has lived with his Mother all of his life since her and her husband divorced about 14 years ago.

Her son decided, of his own choice, to move out of the house and take up residence in our village within a mile of his home whilst finishing his A Levels this year at our local school.

He has a considerable sum in his own bank which my partner had saved for him (circa £5,000).

His Father, who lives in Staffordshire 100’s of miles away appears to be trying to claim maintenance for him via the CSA. We have written detailing the above and advising that the son is not resident with his Father but we are unsure of the guidelines in this case what recourse we have if the CSA continue to chase?


  • chall says:


    Does her son reside anybody else?

    chall ~ afairercsaforall

  • >