How can I work out what my ex should be paying?

October 7, 2013


My ex has been paying child maintenance to me, however he has now said he cannot afford to do it and so has dropped the payments. He is self employed and said because it is a new buisiness he does not have any tax returns yet.

I have seen his bank accounts and over the last 4 months the gross money paid into his account has been £21500, he does not pay into a pension, however this is gross as he wont pay tax until his tax return is done. How can i work out what he should be paying?

Any help will be appreciated!


5 Responses to “How can I work out what my ex should be paying?”

  1. Peter Brown on October 7th, 2013 8:26 am

    Just because £21500 has been paid into the bank does not mean he has had any drawings (earnings) from the business

  2. Amanda Johnson on October 7th, 2013 8:36 am

    Get CSa to do a visit to ascertain what has been paid out to him on wages.

  3. Jessica Robinson on October 7th, 2013 8:42 am

    Remmeber he will have many payments yet to come out of this before he can take his own share

  4. jo on October 7th, 2013 11:47 am

    If it’s a new business csa will not assess him until he has put in a tax return….you could be waiting over a year.

    Why is he showing you his bank statements anyway?

  5. Bella on October 7th, 2013 2:23 pm

    How are you looking at your ex’s bank?! Stalker!

Got something to say?