How can I make sure that the correct amount is paid?

February 12, 2015

I have my 5 year old daughter and 19 year old, working, son living with me and my fiance. My 21 year old son lives with my ex husband.

My EX husband currently gives me £38 per week for my daughter. He works for my family business and earns £448 per week, which means he should pay £46 per week for my daughter.

He says that I should be allowing for our 21 year old son, even though I buy most of my son’s food each week because he’s currently on job seekers. He refuses to pay the correct amount and hasn’t been paying the full amount my daughter is entitled to since our separation in January 2013 and subsequent divorce.

Is there anything I can do?


  • Matt says:

    Before you get the CSA involved, consider whether it’s worth it for £8 a week. The CSA or CMS often don’t just screw the man over. Sometimes the woman claiming can be left waiting for months before she sees any money during which the man won’t be paying you. If you rely on it you may find yourself in for months of hardship. Then they will frequently get things wrong and stop payments while they sort things out.

  • >