He owes me money, but they can’t enforce it

June 10, 2015


I have 2 children to who this claim refers, who are boy/girl twins. They are now 19 years old and I split with their (violent) father when I was 5 months pregnant with them. I have had a child maintenance assessment in place since they were 6 months old (approx) but he has only ever paid 6 monthly payments in all of their lives.

I have been the one entitled to this money as I have not had means tested benefits. He has systematically lied, cheated and deliberately made it impossible for collections as he either gives false info or gives the CSA the run around in other ways. He has even told them he had shared care, even thought the children NEVER stayed for more than one night (due to a court order giving him one overnight contact) and even then often not bothering to show up for them. I am again being told by the CSA that even though the case is now closed and that he still owes me the arrears and they have ordered him to pay me £600 a month for 13 months to clear this, that they can’t enforce it as he has not paid anything (28th Feb 2015 he was warned he had to pay the first one)

I am at my wits end as to know to sort this problem. I feel 18yrs is ridiculous and I have extremely patient. Please advise?.. Thanks


2 Responses to “He owes me money, but they can’t enforce it”

  1. Alan Bigalan on June 9th, 2015 12:01 pm

    its not your money its your kids money and take him to court is only way and thats if u get anything

  2. Becky KJ Mummywright on June 9th, 2015 7:57 pm

    Not YOUR money at all its your KIDS !!

Got something to say?