Employer doesn’t want to pay my pension after CSA takes its cut

August 14, 2012

Csa have assessed my earnings taking into account my pension payment which is made from net income as my employer (despite the legal obligation) is loathe to pay the pension for me after deduction from gross earnings. I am happy with the amounts they have assessed I need to pay but have an issue wihich the fact that when my earnings fall below usual rates due to fluctuating workflow the protected earningsdoes not take into account my pension payment and I am left with minimal earnings. If my employer was to deduct pension contributions it would be paid before the csa money was deducted but because I pay from net earnings csa state they will not add the pension contribution to protected earnings.

I can not appeal against the DEO as it would be a waste of time given the reasons allowable for appeal.

Does anyone know a way around this anomaly. I have an appointment with my mp in September . I would not be averse to paying but I split with the mother of my child when my son was 6 weeks old and she has refused to let me see him since unless I commit to going back to her which I do not want to do. I send cards at birthdays and Christmas and currently pay 75 per week leaving me with 300 to pay my rent of 145 and living expenses. She has remarried and changed my sons name to her new partners. I am in touch with his school for updates and the doctor to check on his health as she twice told me he had a terminal illness which proved to be untrue. I have parental rights which she has asked me to give upre adoption.

She has no intention of having him adopted by her new partner as this would mean I no longer need to pay maintenance. I did not plan a child but want him to understand I am interested and there for him when he is ready but refuse to be blackmailed into a relationship I have no wish to continue. The csa are horrific, they have, albeit because my ex conned them, released my new address which resulted in my ex turning up at my door on at least twenty occasions threatening me and my new partner who I met two years after we split up. There should be a clear rule that if some one prevents access for no provable reason they should not be allowed to use the csa to pursue someone.

Csa claims have resulted in me not having enough money to pay my mortgage and I lost my home she has said she will pursue me for as much money as she can get because I left her. Why are some women so unreasonable. Even if I believe that the pill failed after 6 years just after I refused to commit to marriage and children she is using tax payers money to seek revenge in an unreasonable way. – sorry for the rant but if anyone knows how I can get the csa to allow me consistently enough money to pay for my pension by changing protected earnings & protect my future I would be grateful. Help please!!!


  • Jessica says:

    I’m struggling to understand what you mean by pension payment, is it a pension you pay into via employment, or a pension payment you receive via your employment?

    If it is a pension you pay in to, this is not included in your assessment for Child Support. It is deducted from your gross pay as Tax and National Insurance would be.

    If it is a pension payment you receive, then this would be added in to your assessable income which will dictate your protected earnings level. The minimum amount you legally need to be left with after CSA deductions are made is detail on the collection schedule you would have received.

    It may well be that your employer is administering the deductions incorrectly, which is not uncommon. I would suggest you give the CSA a call to discuss it with them as something sounds amiss.

    There are understanding officers at the CSA that will take the time to find out what is going wrong for you.

  • >