Do I have to pay CSA if I live abroad?

April 22, 2010

This is a first time post from me and I am looking for some advice. I have no intention of completely avoiding payments to the CSA although I would rather see the money go to a trust for my child.

Anyway, I am not employed at the moment and have decided to take a year out travelling, I have little job prospects in the UK, the ex has the house and the car. The question is can the CSA still demand payments from me while travelling abroad or if i settle in another part of the world.

I look forward to someone helping me.

Many thanks



One Response to “Do I have to pay CSA if I live abroad?”

  1. Gareth on March 7th, 2012 10:19 am

    I beleive you do not have to pay if your main redisency is not in the uk…. I read a report about alot of Irish people working in the UK and stating they lived at home with parent to avoid paying CSA. The CSA got wind of this and had a big cull… caught alot of Irish citizen who where working and living in the UK. It might be working not just living that you have to pay… but as usual the CSA are as helpful and clear as a wet sponge.. apart from taking money off you…. Your writing to explain you going aboard like you feel gulity.. dont.. do al these money party going women?!?!? No one moans at them… The system is forcing more break ups as girls get nice perks spilting up, fathers do not stand a chance unless they have time and lots of money to throw awayt courts favour moms without any fair hearing… look at Baby P… people can judge… until they are in the same boat you soon see them change their views then…

Got something to say?