Do I have to give the CSA my details?

August 20, 2014

Hi was wondering if i can get some advice. My Partner has a 13 year old daughter from a previous relationship who he has not saw since she was 2!

He works part time and earns about 9.000 a year, i earn more and earn just under 15.000, we have recently moved in and csa are wanting to know my income details.

Do i legally have to give them as i know if they have my details it will make payments to up a fair bit (bf currently pays £160. We have a 6 year old daughter and cant really afford to [pay anymore, especially when she sits on her ass not working claiming.

Any response would be much appreciated.


9 Responses to “Do I have to give the CSA my details?”

  1. Becky KJ Mummywright on August 20th, 2014 8:25 am

    They may ask but they r nit aloud by law to take money from u

  2. Woody on August 20th, 2014 8:27 am

    Hi Nic,
    It depends what CSA scheme your partner is on, if he is on csa1 which is pre 2003 then they will take your income into account as they look at household income. However if he is on csa2 or the new scheme they have no right asking for any of your details.
    The CSA will deny that they take your wages into account on csa1, but believe me from 14 years experience, they bloody do.
    They will aim to squeeze as much as possible from him/both of you.
    Another option to get onto the new scheme is to start a case yourself against your partner, just for 12 weeks then close it, once you are on new scheme they can’t put you back onto the old scheme where they take your wages into account too.

    Hope this helps,

  3. David Howie on August 20th, 2014 8:27 am

    They will get something from you plus any that’s not been paid so you’ll end up paying alot more in the end run. Go to the citizens advice bureau they have all the same information that the csa have and will be able to help you.

  4. David Howie on August 20th, 2014 8:30 am

    If they have your national insurance number they’ll aready know what you earn as they can get that information on there system

  5. David Mortimer on August 20th, 2014 9:15 am

    David Mortimer liked this on Facebook.

  6. Julie on August 20th, 2014 9:47 am

    I never gave them my details and never will, they always ask and I sat said me a legal letter asking and they never do!! Don’t do it it’s nothing to do with them.

  7. Bill on August 20th, 2014 11:09 am

    If your partner is on CS1 and you do not give them your income details they will complete an interim maintenance assessment type B which does not include a protected income element.
    This means he will only receive half the allowance for your shared child and half your housing costs.

  8. Becca Bee Preorder on August 20th, 2014 10:04 pm

    They can not take a penny from u the child not your so by law they cant take any of u

  9. al on April 1st, 2015 10:54 am

    Tell the CSA nothing. Your income has nothing to do with them as the child is not yours. Only your partners details can be taken into consideration.

Got something to say?