Deceitful ex not telling CSA she has moved

December 12, 2010

Hi, im looking for some advice on my situation. Here’s the back story. my ex and I had a son in December 2001. In October 2003 my ex left me for another man who she used to babysit for. CSA began taking money out of my wage in 2004-5 im unsure when it beagn exactly. So my finances began to suffer as i was left with all the debts. 2005 she moved to the isle of man without telling and put reece in school after the birth of her second child with this man. She has never informed the isle of man csa of this move. I’m struggling to pay my way while she lords it up at my expense and claiming child benefit from the uk mianland.

My question is how does her living over there affect my csa payments. i do want to pay for my child but not at the expense of my financial standing if she is being fraudulent.


16 Responses to “Deceitful ex not telling CSA she has moved”

  1. Brokenfather on December 12th, 2010 5:29 pm

    Have you advised the CSA that she has left the UK?

  2. Peter Anderson on December 12th, 2010 6:26 pm

    You keep paying but what are you doing about seeing your child? Just paying the CSA is not being a father to your child. What steps are you taking over contact?
    With regard to the CSA your contribution remains the same irrespective of where she is living or what she is earning as it is based entirely on your income.

  3. Brokenfather on December 13th, 2010 4:05 am

    “With regard to the CSA your contribution remains the same irrespective of where she is living or what she is earning as it is based entirely on your income.”

    That is incorrect.

    The CSA can only enforce CM where both parents reside in the UK.

  4. Paul Smith on December 13th, 2010 7:05 am

    ive only just found this page, the csa bankrupted me this year by takking money out of my wages after id payed without fail for years directly to the parent with care. she told thm i owed her 3 grand so they just took it. i couldnt pay my bills and ended up losing my job. now im unemployed after a succesfull career in …health & safety. im scared of them to the point i cant face getting another job in case they do it again as none of them can guarantee it wont happen. my mental health has been in decline and theres no legal back up or id sue them. i hate this country and everything it stands for. honest people cant get by anymore. worst is my daughter now thinks im some loser. i cant go on like this much longer. whats the point

  5. Peter Anderson on December 13th, 2010 9:20 am

    Paul, I've been thru the same thing. And, the problem is as soon as you start working again they'll hit you again. You need to detail everything properly, then write to them saying that they owe you xxxx.xx and that you will also be wanting damages. A copy of the letter goes to the Chief Exec and your MP. Give them fourteen days to pay, then write again stating that unless they pay up your going to proceed with legal action against them. No payment, go down your local County Court and enter a Small Claim against them for the £3K. Fully agree with your other comments.

  6. Peter Anderson on December 13th, 2010 9:25 am

    I don't think her being in the Isle of Man affects the CSA. Did you notify them that she had left the country? More importantly, what are you doing about seeing your child. I soon as she disappeared you should have been in Court asking for the contact to be re-instated. The Court would issue a "Search and Find" Order and as the CSA are paying money to her they would have been one of the people contacted to provide info about her whereabouts.

  7. Amanda Halford on December 13th, 2010 9:31 am

    It’s a tricky situation, the Isle of Man is not part of the UK although it is governed by UK law. The Isle of Man is a REMO (Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders) participant country but I’m unsure it works the same way if it’s your ex that moved there, I’m failry sure that’s only the case if you move there.

    I did, however, find this:

    “Jurisdiction of the CSA:
    The Child Support Agency only has jurisdiction in the UK, in other words England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. However, it does not include the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. If one or more parties live abroad, the CSA is unable to give a calculation of the amount of maintenance a non-resident parent should pay. If either parent or the child is not resident in the UK, the court does have the power to make and vary a maintenance order. ”

    You can find this quote on this page:

    I agree with Peter Anderson though, it is important that you see your son and your ex should acknowledge that. You might also be interested in this quote from the same website as above:

    “If you’re thinking of moving abroad with your child, there are many issues to consider. One of the main issues is that of abduction. If a parent shares parental responsibility, they are not allowed to take the child abroad for more than a month except for two situations: firstly, if the non resident parent consents or secondly if they have sought and obtained permission from the court.

    Without this permission, taking a child abroad is abduction, even if the child is travelling with the ‘with care’ parent.”

    I hope this has been useful!

  8. Dolphin Keeley on December 13th, 2010 1:47 pm

    Paul this was just what happend to my hubby CSA was told he was not paying and he was. she the x wife got 26,000 and still they took everything. Hubby went bankrupt because of his x wife. He met me and the CSA and his x thought it was christmas, off they went again taken more wage, as I was working as well at that time. Yes still the CSA Take money off us. For 12 years they have hammed us every month.My husbands x wife did all this taken more and more to feather her bank. Hubby job, house, kid all gone, all because of his x and the CSA. 26,000 in 12 months they took. He got a dif job and up and off they started again. The CSA said the x wife had put in yet another fresh claim. Each year she does this to up her payments. Greedy that is all they are.It is theft. And it is being dressed up by the thug of the state to pick pocket off fathers in order to give money to selfish greedy woman, the thief, who use children as hostages in order to feather the parent with care bank.

  9. Pete Jewell on December 13th, 2010 3:20 pm

    the only problem with that peter is that u need to take it to court to issue the search and in pretty much the same boat except my kids only live up the road but i have a contact court order but to make the court order effective i need to take it back to court which will be to the tune of 4-5 my opinion of circumstances like these the csa should be put on hold so the monies can be used to take these cases to court and contact re-established..after all i belive it is called the CHILD SUPPORT agency and i think it is more important for the children to have contact with both parents this would be then supporting the child instead of nrp just been a walking wallet!

  10. Allan Morrell on December 13th, 2010 4:30 pm

    PWC greed is exactly what the CSA relies on, funny the PWC whinges when they dont see any but the CSA stealing from NRP then Steal from the child!!!!! and they call themselves the CHILD SUPPORT AGENCY???????Parental Tax, reproduction tax… and it's always the male that gets emotionally and financially destroyed…… The CSA force NRP's into unemployment… and the government whinges when they see unemployment rising with more lazy selfish arrogant greedy PWC's scrounging benefits when in reciept of tax free CSA payments….

  11. Bruce N on December 14th, 2010 11:29 am

    You should ring the CSA office which handles your case and ask for your case to be closed on the grounds that the PWC and QC have moved to the Isle of Man and are out of the CSA’s jurisdiction.
    Having done this, confirm in writing the same facts and supply any address which you may have for ex.
    The case should then be closed with effect from the end of the maintenance week during which you made your call.

  12. Peter Anderson on December 15th, 2010 9:26 am

    Sorry Pete, why do you need to spend £4-5k to fill in an application form, walk it into Court and see a Judge. You don't need a solicitor or a barrister. What are you spending £4-5k on? If your kids live just up the road, can't they come round of their own accord? How old are they? When my ex moved in to a house around the corner from me, my eldest jumped on his bike and cycled round. Guess what, ten minutes later the police arrived because I'd abducted him. When they were shown the bike and told what had happened and they were still insisting he had to go back. I just said, "And what are the charges against a nine year old? Are you really placing him under arrest?" Your quite right on the second part, that's why if you have to pay maintenance to her, it should be delivered to her by cheque when you pick up/ drop off the children. No contact – no maintenance. By the way CSA stands for Child Deprivation and Abuse Agency. It does exactly what it was set up to do, deprive children of their father's money!

  13. Allan Morrell on December 15th, 2010 11:22 am

    PWC's are as corrupt as the CSA…..if not more…..but the CSA is the powerfull tool that PWC's choose to use to destroy NRP and child financially and emotionally….. any PWC making false abduction claims should be prosecuted for wasting Police time… another child could have been getting abducted at same time really and in real need of help by the police…Evil PWC's think only of themselves… not the child!!!!!

  14. Ryan Hardwidge on February 6th, 2012 10:36 pm

    The CSA have no duristiction outside of the UK so that means if you or your ex live on any of the channel islands or the the isle of man they cannot pursue you. If you don’t pay then your ex can issue court proceedings but if you pay what you should the courts will just throw it out.

  15. Charles on August 15th, 2012 12:47 pm

    My ex lives in the channel islands with my daughter. She makes impossible demands that have been approved in THEIR courts and it basically means that if I don’t pay 50,000 pounds +, I will never see my daughter until she’s 18. I have approached the CSA but they told me they had no duristicion there… what should I do?

  16. CORPERATE FICTION on December 9th, 2013 8:07 pm

    anyone paying csa is a joke you are free you did not enter any binding contract with these people you did not enter legeslation with them you did not shake on a bizniz deal with them

    they are corrupt the uk goverment even protects them against sueing and fraud procecution so that in its self clearly shows that the csa is a unlawful and corrupt body

    its reproduction tax pure and simple and there stealing from you it was innovated by BANKSTERS and its real motive is to state control children and to destroy the concept of family and father

    if this isnt NWO then explain whilst every single crown country on earth is doing it and all of the eu and usa ITS A CONTROL NETWORK destrying freedoms an right to privacy and they have direct access to GOOGLE ACCOUNTS AND INFO PHONE ACCOUNTS AND INFO AND BANK ACCOUNTS AND INFO




Got something to say?