CSA says my ex doesn’t have to pay for his children

July 9, 2012

I am asking you as a last resort to help me!!!! I am having trouble getting money from my ex-husband via the Child support agency. My ex-husband has logged a change of circumstances which they have investigated and they have come to the conclusion that I am no longer entitled to receive child support for my three children.

I have checked their website and the only conditions that someone will be assessed for Nil payment are; in prison, in a care home, is a student, or between 16-17. Therefore I rang the CSA to appeal against the decision. They refused saying that it will not be re-investigated as they are confident that my ex-husband has provided sufficient evidence to explain why he cannot support his three children.

So why do I have the right to appeal if they will not re-investigate it? Therefore I asked them to consider a change of circumstances as I am aware that my ex-husband has worked and received cash for this and also it states on a social media site that he is working. The refused to log a change of circumstances as it was too close to this decision and even if he has earnings coming in they are satisfied enough that he does not have to pay child support? How does that happen if he is earning, why does he not have to pay child support?

No one has asked me if I can afford to support my children (which I can’t at the moment). I really need any help that you can provide me with this as I am getting nowhere just further into debt and my ex-husband is getting away scott free.

I appreciate your help regarding this matter and look forward to receiving your reply.

Kind regards


  • Alice says:

    Is your ex on benefits because you dont state if he is working or not.But even if he was on a benefit it would only be around £5.00 per week.Are you claiming everything you should be,eg.. child benefit ,child tax, poll tax reduction, housing payments ,working tax if you go to work, school dinners.I am not sure but i have heard of closing a CS claim and then reopening it 12/13 weeks later to start again.I cant help you much but I am sure that someone else would be able to advise you more clearly when they see your post.

  • chall says:


    Did your case commence before or after 03/03/03?

    If you are on old rules (before 03/03/03) you can close your case and re open it 13 weeks (no sooner) later on new rules.

    chall ~ afairercsaforall

  • fedupwiththesystem says:

    I am not sure if my ex is on benefits or not and to be honest I cannot remember when I took the case out. I am working but claiming FTC, child benefit.

    I have sent an appeal into the Appeals Unit, this may take some time but I have nothing to loose.

  • >