CSA says it could take months to track down my ex partner

October 28, 2012

I have a 12 year old son and split from my childs father when he was 6 months old.

The csa have been dealing with payments since my child was approx 3 years of age in all that time there has never been regular payments and there is arrears of approx £1,200.00 which is been collected by a bailiff from the csa at a rate of £130.00 per month.

I have had a couple of payments for regular maintenance but that has now stopped due to my partner no longer working for the company the csa traced him to. I have spoken yesterday to the csa who inormed myself it could take several months for them to trace my partners work and get any payments for my child.


4 Responses to “CSA says it could take months to track down my ex partner”

  1. b4ynesy on October 28th, 2012 8:41 am

    @CSAHell Your ex’s old employer by law may have to inform CSA where P45 was forwarded, if it has been.

  2. Alice on November 6th, 2012 11:13 pm

    if your ex has left his job the csa can ask his last known employer if they know where he is now working or if they have been asked for references and if his last known employer is able to provide any information then the csa will follow this up. If his last employer is unable to provide any information and your ex is not replying to calls or letters asking him of his current employment they will need to trace his employer via HMRC records and unfortunately this can taken many months. An employer has up to 12 weeks to inform HMRC of any new employee and HMRC update their database every 90 days, so if your ex’s new employer informs them the day after their database update then it will be added in the next update. The CSA submit a request to HMRC electronically and the response is received electronically so there is no way to speed this up.

    If however you have any information on where he is now working you should pass this information to the CSA and this can speed up the trace action.

  3. caroline on November 13th, 2012 2:57 pm

    I have been waiting over 8 months for the CSA to trace my ex partners employee through HMRC. I have not had any money for a few years as he keeps changing jobs and not replying to letters and calls. I wish it was sooner, but it seems to be just a waiting game!

  4. karen bedford on December 1st, 2012 1:37 pm

    Have the Criminal Compliance Unit been involved?

Got something to say?