CSA Query for appeal

January 28, 2012

I am writing on behalf of my partner to see if anyone can offer me any advice on the following situation. I have recently changed jobs which pays alot more than my last, the csa are on about taking £400 a month off me, my ex wife has recently split from her new husband of which they had a child.

He pays nothing towards this child, and i find it hard to stomach for the child i share with my ex wife that i have to pay alot of money for. which makes my new family suffer because of the high amount.

Is there any way i can appeal this as I know that i am more than likely paying for the other child that is not mine. Please keep names and numbers confidential.


  • joanne says:

    Csa can only take 15% of your net income for one child on new rules, have a look on the online calculator to see if they are doing this. If you are on the old system its a bit more complicated, ask for a variation form and put every outgoing down. Good luck.

  • chall says:


    You should have received a payment schedule, which should name who you are paying CS for. If you are unsure, have you asked the CSA to confirm the children on your account?

    Is the calculation on old (before 03/03/03) or new (on/after 03/03/03) rules ?
    Are there any arrears on the case?

    Shared care is based on the number of nights spent with the NRP.

    chall ~ afairercsaforall

  • >