CSA Payments

February 6, 2012

My ex has decided to stop payments for two years out of spite…. My son (who was 17 at the time and in full-time education), has decided for himself to have no contact with his father due to the abuse he was receiving. He still pays for his other son (to another woman), but hasn’t paid for my son. I contacted the csa and they say he owes me £1,734.00. He has refused to pay it all up front, has also refused to pay £63.00 per week and says he will pay me £17.00 per week for over 100 weeks, (payment not received yet).

This man drives an Audi TT, has 3 foreign holidays a year, lives in a detached house, receives over £1000 per month for his step-daughter (from her father), he also has regular income and I do not see why I should receive my son’s money at his convenience, as it was his decision to default on his payments.

As my son is over 18 years of age now, I have lost my child benefit and working tax credits so keeping afloat monetary wise is a struggle, and I feel my ex does not have the right to choose how he repays the debt and this decision means there are no consequences to his spiteful behaviour.

I look forward to your response.


3 Responses to “CSA Payments”

  1. jay. on February 7th, 2012 7:53 am

    I take it the csa case is closed and its arrears he owes? If what you say is true regarding your ex and you can verify his income the next step is write a complaint to the csa and see your mp.

  2. karen bedford on February 7th, 2012 9:04 am

    If your son in full time education? if so he still has to support that that child.

    I would suggest to go with what Jay said above, but see whether its still worth asking for appeal on lifestyle, good luck.

  3. jay. on February 7th, 2012 9:23 am

    If she has lost her child benefit this suggests the son is no longer in education, therefore csa case would close and any arrears outstanding need to be paid off, they say two years but this isn’t actually a law, only a guideline.

Got something to say?