CSA has made me feel ill

December 3, 2010

Recently i found out I have a 4 year old son who’s mother decided to keep from me. I tried to sort things amicably but unfortunately she wasn’t happy with this and we were left having to use the csa. This organisation is an absolute joke, I’ve no problem with the fact i have to pay maintenance, i’m not to fussed about the amount either (although it’s debatable it’s a fair amount).

The real problem is i’ve been made to feel like I’ve been taking the micky, they’ve treated me like I’ve been dodging this. The letters are a disgrace claiming i’ve denied parentage to threats of having me sent to prison or siezing property. It amazes me also that I’ve had deadlines of 7 days to reply and even 3 days to reply, but when I’ve asked for somebody to ring me with advice I’ve not heard anything for 10 days at which point I’ve had to ring them. Theres also been lies claiming they’ve tried to call and couldnt get through. The list go’s on and I could write page after page.

I’m interested to know if there is any advise on a complaints procedure which wont fall on deaf ears. I was considering sending a letter to the government aswel if it would do me any favours. Thankfully I’ve managed to sort it with these clowns for now until they inevitably “accidentally clear me out”, but I feel for people who have all this to come in the future, it really needs to binned off and looked at properly.


24 Responses to “CSA has made me feel ill”

  1. Brokenfather on December 3rd, 2010 8:41 am

    I do hope you insisted on a DNA test.

    You should never just take the mothers word.

  2. John on December 3rd, 2010 11:35 am

    Firstly. Watch your bank account. They can clear that out. Secondly there is an Independent Case examiners office that deals with complaints. Telephone them. Thirdly, make an appointment to see you M.P. and inform them of the threats that you have been receiveing. Ask your M.P. to request a full clerical breakdown of any alleged arrears!

    If faults are found with your case? Make a complaint of maladministration and ask your M.P. to involve the PHSO!

    Finally, broken father is right, but write to the DWP and complain.

  3. Garry Roe on December 3rd, 2010 1:05 pm

    I know that feeling all to well , a certain Mr Hancock told me all the money ( £1,400 + ) I'd given my ex was NOT maintenance for my daughter just because my ex says so ! ! ! ! ! made me feel so ill that I was being told that I was NOT support my daughter I was forced to take two weeks off work due to stress and feeling VERY anxious …and the CSA still stole £77.84 per week from my wages ! ! ! I.C.E. are dealing with my complaint as we speak 😉

  4. Garry Roe on December 3rd, 2010 1:07 pm

    Going thru I.C.E. is a long process but please stick with it 😉 http://www.ind-case-exam.org.uk/en/contact/index.asp

  5. Karl Shaw on December 3rd, 2010 1:13 pm

    I to have the same plus i have our other son living with and im ordered to pay over £200 a month wile i get £5 a week off my ex and the csa have made me ill so i know how you feel

  6. Karl Shaw on December 3rd, 2010 1:14 pm

    there is no help what so ever sorry to say no 1 is willing to take the csa on

  7. Paula Halsey on December 3rd, 2010 1:30 pm

    Since 1993 I have sent complaint after complaint, occasionally you get a sorry and a compensation payout for maladministration. But all I can say is brace yourself now the csa is involved your life is ruined. Constant threats, incompetence beyond belief and this will be a regular occurance until your child is at least 20 years old. Be prepared for harassment, if you think you feel ill now it will, it will get worse, if you've not been on antidepressants yet you will. Writing to the government doesn't work, they will just write back treating you like an idiot, telling you how it should work even when you have told them what hasn't worked. They will all hide behind their job roles, you will have a succession of case workers who dissapear into thin air, and you may even have your case transported to different offices all over the country, Of which you will not be notified, it will be your responsibility to chase round and find it. The misery and distress you will be faced with will ruin your child's childhood. The Csa is a disgrace and the sooner the government wakes up and disolves this child abusing agency.the better. Government cuts should start here, not with defences or education after all how can the csa be cost effective all the lies about what they have collected I even purchased my first computer with my compensation payments and that was when computers were more expensive to buy then they are now. I wish you luck and im sorry a I cant give you much help but you will be banging your head against a brick wall with them. I am a PWC and a NRP, mistakes on both cases so I have experience of both sides, Knowing what I know now I would never involve the CSA.

  8. Richard Murray on December 3rd, 2010 2:05 pm

    True fact Karl were all on our own at the end of the day ,, every organization seems to piss in the same pot !!!

  9. Allan Morrell on December 3rd, 2010 2:42 pm

    and they expect us to slop out for them 2!!!!!!

  10. Lisa Hunter on December 3rd, 2010 3:38 pm

    @ Paula the CSA maladministered my maladministration payment…CLASSIC!

  11. Karl Shaw on December 3rd, 2010 4:19 pm

    I have been told that the csa have accounted What i get in tax credit for the child that lives with me in what i should be paying for the child that lives with my ex, so there taking away child tax credit away for 1 child and givein it to my ex even tho she is claiming child tax credit, and Paula you right ive been fighting the csa for 4 years now and still get no where…..all i can say is they are sexiest and only see one side

  12. Lee Hughes on December 3rd, 2010 5:08 pm

    Always apply the letter of law when dealing with the CSA… they deserve the same treatment they dish out!

  13. sam on December 3rd, 2010 5:40 pm

    Thanks guys, yeah i took the dna, that was another thing they did, making out i had denied by requesting a dna, I wasn’t denying anything. Whichever eliterate clown comes up with their “generic letters” needs a good hiding. Thanks for the advice I’ll get on to it and let you know how it goes.

  14. Karl Shaw on December 3rd, 2010 5:43 pm

    Tried that and they seem to have there own law as they see it there got you and your ganna pay n be made an example of

  15. Thomas Annetts on December 3rd, 2010 5:52 pm

    OMFG its all the same old lies demands and downright CUNTISHNESS from the CSA it never changes

  16. Lee Hughes on December 3rd, 2010 5:56 pm

    They can't see nowt with me and I won't submit to the use of FORCE, we really need to ALL fight against the current system. Less talk, more action.The law is the law, if they break it then you cannot be expected to adhere to it! If you comply easily, you deserve to reap your rewards….stand up and be counted!

  17. Lee Hughes on December 3rd, 2010 6:07 pm

    Try asking the person at the CSA when you ring them next, the legal basis for EVERY decision they make regarding your case. I have it recorded many times, they haven't a clue. How can the government empower people to make decisions when they don't know the laws that underpin their decsion?

  18. Peter Anderson on December 3rd, 2010 7:46 pm

    Never speak to them on the phone! Only deal with them in writing! And, the best thing to do, is don't deal with them at all. The only complaints procedure is via your MP to the Parliamentary Ombudsman. More importantly as you have a 4 year old son, what are you doing about having proper contact with him? If you have a son, then you should be a responsible father and be a father to him. Just paying a bunch of reprobates called the CSA is not being a responsible father.

  19. Allan Morrell on December 3rd, 2010 9:32 pm

    excellent comment …Peter!!!

  20. Karen on December 4th, 2010 10:21 am

    Unfortunately the CSA makes us all feel ill, having to deal with the absolute crap system that does not support the children only the parents who work the system not to pay

  21. Allan Morrell on December 5th, 2010 10:44 am

    If PWC's are failing to use the financial support they are provided with from state child benefits effectively… maybe PWC should consider giving the NRP custody of the child… then PWC has no need to complain about CSA and NRP!!!!

  22. Lee Hughes on December 5th, 2010 1:39 pm

    What amazes me is that you have to pay £5 per week out of JSA (soon to be £7 if the new rules come in) since this is what the government say you need to live on. The state give PWC's on Income Support what they and the child need to live on so why ain't they?I understand why they take money out of JSA but then they should rack up an equivalent debt to the PWC! BOTH parties should contribute!

  23. Allan Morrell on December 5th, 2010 4:48 pm

    Absolutely, here here!!!!I wouldnt be surprised if the PWC's who decided to become argumentative and abusive with myself… for the reasons that myself being an argumentative opinionated NRP…… are probably employees of CAFCASS or CSA!…lolThe PWC expects NRP to be solely financially responsible for the child and so being in her belief that she is entitled to fund her retail therapy else the NRP fund her retail therapy!!BOTH parties should contribute, not just the NRP!!!!!

  24. Lee Hughes on December 5th, 2010 5:16 pm

    I won't go down the avenues that you do Allan as it seems that you have a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way! However I believe that any system should be seen as fair which the present one most certainly isn't!To say to one party, this is what you NEED to live on then take money off them and then let the other party not have to pay is wrong.I do appreciate however that a lot of PWC's will spend what the government allocates to them on their children but for the system to interfere with the ability of the so called NRP to do the same is wrong!

Got something to say?