CSA Advice

CSA claims they can’t force ex to pay up

I left my ex for his philandering ways. We have 2 kids 8 & 4 years old. He refused to give support to the children.

I was struggling at that time and can’t afford child care whilst working full time with meager income so I decided to take my kids to my parents in my home country whilst continuing my work here. What can I do to demand my ex to pay up.

CSA was useless. CSA said they can’t force my ex to pay up cos the children are not in this country. It’s been almost 6 years now and kids needs are increasing but he still refused to help out.

Please I’m desperate what to do. Anybody out there who can help me out? Greatly appreciated any input. Thank you very much.

7 thoughts on “CSA claims they can’t force ex to pay up

  1. the children need to be resident in the UK and living with you before the CSA can take any action to make the NRP pay maintenance to you for the children.

  2. If the NRP lives abroad, the statutory services can only help in certain circumstances ie, If the NRP is –
    a civil servant
    working in Her Majesty’s Diplomatic Service
    a member of the Armed Forces
    working for a company that is based and registered in the UK
    working on secondment for a ‘prescribed body’, like a regional health authority or local authority

  3. chall – from reading the post I think it is the children who are now living abroad

    Sylvia L – can you confirm where the children are living?

  4. Yes, I see the OP states that the children are living with her parents, in her ‘home country’.

    I was confirming, for the OP benefit,that if even she and the children lived in the UK, if the NRP lives abroad, the CSA may not have jurisdiction.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.