Can rulings be overturned if CSA admit mistake?

September 24, 2014

In April last year I requested a breakdown of how much I had left in arrears. There was some light at the end of the tunnel. The arrears were to be cleared by December 2013.

I was contacted by a worker at the Bolton Office and she sent me a breakdown of the monthly amount I needed to now pay The worker assured me that this was correct and that the account had been double checked by her manager. In fact she sent me a revised letter altering one months payment which I duly action’d.

On 27th August 2013 , I received a call from a rude worker at CSA Bolton informing me that there was arrears on my account and that I was required to pay £300 straight away. I explained that there were no arrears on my account at all and that I had requested a review in April 2013 and went on to explain the above.

Worker said to me ” that assessment was wrong” I informed him I was assured that it was right. Worker went on to say “Disregard that assessment the previous worker doesn’t work for us anymore. You now owe us arrears. I asked him to confirm that the CSA had made an error. He replied “Yes”.

I received a breakdown of the revised amount which has left me dumbstruck. I am struggling to pay my basic living costs as it is.

They want £250 a month extra for the next 4 months

Can I get this ruling overturned as they have admitted this mistake?


3 Responses to “Can rulings be overturned if CSA admit mistake?”

  1. Paul Ocallaghan on September 24th, 2014 3:50 pm

    I hope so or I’m paying them for the next 5 yrs

  2. Becky KJ Mummywright on September 24th, 2014 4:01 pm

    keep to ur normal payment n get a never break down . They like to * make up * want people o for fun . You can take it a lawyer to be looked at do not let them in fight it o they walk all over you .

  3. Ben Wiskin on September 24th, 2014 4:13 pm

    Because of the csa making a mistake and hounding myself and my employer with threats of legal action they took £5200 that I never owed, they have since admitted the mistake but refused to give me the money back. They are not legally obligated to return money (because they make their own laws) but offered me a £4 per week reduction in my payments until the amount is paid back. They still haven’t actually taken the £4 off despite the offer several months ago.
    There is no point complaining and contacting the parliamentary complaints department will put you in the hands of a nasty femnazi who couldn’t care less about you as a father or your financial situation.

Got something to say?