As a Sole Trader, can the CSA see what tax I pay?

October 9, 2009

I’m actually doing quite well but am worried that it will all catch up with me.

I went self employed a day before the CSA contacted me, Lucky.

I have been able to show low earnings and have not been re evaluated.

I am a sole trader about to go limited,
I hope this will enable me to pay myself just enough to manage and allow the business to build, I have a feeling that the CSA will soon have the ability to look at the Tax I pay and take the case to court then force the business to pay. It has the funds. I currently only take out what I need.

What is the point of working hard just to have it taken away. T

Just to keep this in context the lady concerned desperately wanted children and got hers by saying she was unable to have them. She chose me because I owned my house and had saved enough to stop working for five years. I have already lost the house and suspect she will keep wanting more.

We were not married. The law states the money was needed to provide a home for the child. I will get it back when I’m old and he has left home.

Has any one done this and will it work. The child can have the business when he has grown up rather that let the mother waist it away.


One Response to “As a Sole Trader, can the CSA see what tax I pay?”

  1. on October 27th, 2009 8:38 pm

    I’m in the same boat, as an employee of my own Ltd Co. and thought about the same problem. I considered those NRP’s who work as employees of large organisations and are subjected to DEO’s. The CSA can’t demand to look at the books of Companies such as Jaguar, Glaxo, WH Smith, so I am confident they can’t look at the books of your Ltd. Co., except what is published by Companies House annually. In the same vein, those companies are not liable for an employee’s CSA contributions.
    The benefit of taking a regular wage from the company should enable the CSA to catch up on your assessments. When S/Employed, they work on last year’s figures and are always adrift on their calcs-not what you want when your earnings go down.
    As a sole trader, they will want proof of earnings which will normally be the Self Assessment Tax Calculation.

Got something to say?