7 years of hell and still it gets no better

March 12, 2011

Where do i start? i seperated from my ex when my daughter was 4 years old, i was getting regular contact for 6 months after the split with no problems. Great. Then the ex met a new bloke, within weeks my daughter was removed from school. i went to her new house and knocked on the door to find out what was going on. she called the police and i was arrested for breach of the peace. strange, i didnt even wake the cat up that was lay asleep on the wall. from this i realised the ex’s intentions. i wasnt to see my daughter. the police advised me to go through the right channels to get to see my daughter. Whats the right channel i asked? The Family proceedings Court.

Great stuff, cant wait. that very next day i had made an appointment with the solicitor, it took almost a year to get to the hearing. the ex put every hurdle in front of me that was possible. anyways 14 months later i get to see my daughter for 1 hour at a contact centre.

I was sat there waiting for my daughter feeling like i was a criminal. she came thru that door and my eyes filled with tears. the best feeling in the world. After the hour it was time for her to go, she left the room and came back in 1 minute later and said mam wants to know if i can change my second name to her new mans name. geeez wasnt expecting that. i said i will have to speak to your mam but not just yet. my daughter passed the message on and the ex came barging in the room threw a hard backed book across the room. time to duck. that was close. so after 2 years of backwards and forwards to court i finally got the access order. I was spending 1 weekend every 2 weeks with my daughter. then she broke the court order and continued to again put obsticles in my way.

Eventually i had a warning notice attached to the order. so far so good that done the trick. my daughter is 12 now and she gets the bus to my house now. I have a feeling she will be spending alot of time at my house now shes older and making her own mind up.

Now 6 months after the split i got the letter from the csa telling me how much i had to pay and i got hit with 6 months arrears because it took them that long to set it up. great. so for approx 5 years i never missed a payment, then lately they say they had my earning wrong for the last 4 years and hit me with a £1600 arrears. unbelievable. then in november 2010 my partner started claiming child tax credit for our 2 children and now they want a % of that money. the government are giving us help in child tax credits for our 2 children and the csa are taking from that help. i just cant get my head round it.

I’ve really had enough now. i love my job, never been on the dole ever but it is not worth me working. they take a huge lump from my pay. Where on earth do i turn?


  • Peter Anderson says:

    What did you do about querying the arrears?

    They are sending demands like this out to many, many people and the arrears are completely fictitious. So what evidence did they provide you with regarding the arrears?

    Do not take these arrears at face value. Have a look at what you were actually what your assessment was and what you were actually paying. I suspect the arrears are incorrect. So write back (do not phone) saying that as you were paying all these years the arrears a clearly incorrect and that they must supply full details as to each assessment made and how the arrears are made up. Give them fourteen days to reply. And inform them again that you are now out of work and on JSA and that you will be cancelling any Direct Debit or any other kind of payment to them.

    And, write to the CSA in Longbenton, address below, and ask them to send copies of all computer and clerical records as required under section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998. Ask them to include copies of all letters, notes and emails etc, especially those from each of their branches including Hastings, Plymouth, Newcastle, Birmingham and Belfast and also copies of all letters, notes and emails to/from the CSA’s debt collectors and solicitors. Also ask them to ensure that the notepad sections of the computer files are properly dated. Enclose a postal order for £10. You will then receive in about a month’s time a complete copy of your file (there is a template letter on http://www.afairercsaforall.co.uk and other useful information).

    In the meantime if they make further threats against you, can you come join us on Facebook? CsaHell on Facebook is down at the moment so for the moment we are discussing problems on “Against the Csa” on Facebook, or if you need help with contact you can go to “Separated Dads” or “Dads with Kids”, both on Facebook.

    CSA Data Protection Unit
    Room BP6102
    Benton Park View
    Benton Park Road
    NE98 1YX

  • Best Wordpress Popup Plugin