How can the CSA just assume that I’m the parent?

January 28, 2015

I have been presumed as the parent of a boy who is now 10 yrs old. I found out last year that the original documents sent out to me was sent to an address I had not lived at for over 5 years.

I was not aware of this and only found out the csa was involved when money was taken from my jsa as I was unemployed at the time. I never got the chance to acknowledge nor deny parentage due to them sending the documents to a wrong address.

I have been in contact with the csa so many times but they do not want to help. I have not been able to afford a dna whilst unemployed but the child’s mother would not let me either. I was not in a relationship with his mother not married to her and not named on the birth certificate.

How can parentage be assumed because I’ve not done a dna test due to the fact the mother will not let me. A declaration of parentage will cost me £365 to take to court money I haven’t got.

I feel sick that I have to pay so much money out of my wages when I have 3 children and a wife to support. The csa tell me I have no right to complain or appeal the claim against me. I feel I should be able to appeal.

How can I get anything sorted when everything costs so much money. I’ve been paying maintenance since 2005 and have never been able to get any help or advice. I have been long term unemployed so had no funds nor knowledge of what I could do or who to ask for help.