How can the CSA ask for voluntary payments back?

April 5, 2014

I am PWC. My ex husband worked overseas for a period of two years. He worked for an american company and was paid via Jersey.

I contacted the CSA at that time and was told the because he was paid via Jersey then they had no jurisdiction. However the NRP paid VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS of £350 a month during this period.

I have today received a phone call from the CSA asking to confirm that I received these voluntary contributions and that he has made an over payment to the sum of £8400 and they want the voluntary contributions back.

Q. if these payments were voluntary can the CSA request these payments back?