Can my friend challenge CSA as his family only want him for his money?

October 31, 2016

I’m writing on behalf of a friend and father who pays CSA. His son lives with the mother and has no contact with the father.

The child has recently turned 18 and has legally changed his surname from his fathers and mothers hyphenated surname to just his mother surname.

The mother has requested via CSA that the father continue paying Child Support until the end of the school year – Dec 2016.

Is there any legal grounds the father has to re-approach CSA and ask them to consider the name change? its apparent the son and mother do not want any link to the father, but are still happy to receive his money.

Appreciate your thoughts…