Will I be made to come up with the back-payments?

November 13, 2013

i split up with my ex partner 10 years ago she went on to marry another guy. and i have not had any contact since.

i have two children with her who are now 18 and 20. my youngest son has now made contact with me and is currently living with me. i was told i would need to claim child support and tax credits for him however im concerned that i will be made to pay back dated child support even through my ex did not want this at the time

can this happen ?


2 Responses to “Will I be made to come up with the back-payments?”

  1. Pb on November 13th, 2013 9:08 am

    If your son is in full time education, you can claim child benefit. I wouldn’t bother getting the csa involved at this late stage. You can claim child tax credits but again, I think he has to be in full time education. If your ex never got the csa involved, then there is no reason for any back pay (arrears) she can’t just make a claim now

  2. Becca Bee Preorder on November 13th, 2013 1:13 pm

    less he still in school ( college – uni ) fall time u cant claim a thing .after he over 18

Got something to say?