CSA is crippling us

November 26, 2014

I have been paying my ex since my daughter was born, 16 and a half years ago, and have been in contact with my daughter for 4 years now, and she is still in full time education.

Recently, my ex moved into her new partners house. However, my daughter really cannot stand him, and has since moved in with her grandparents. I do not know if this is a temporary arrangement, or long term.

How does this stand with the CSA? Can anything change with my payments? Im not holding out much hope, but the payments are financially cripling us.


  • Bill says:

    If the grandparents are in receipt of child benefit they can make a claim for child maintenance as persons with care. You would be liable to pay the same assuming your income has not changed.
    However if the mother is in receipt of child benefit one would assume that she is passing on the child maintenance payments to the grandparents for the care of her daughter. If not the grandparents need to be informed of their rights.

  • >