CSA forced us to sell our home

March 29, 2013

My partner paid his ex £450 in cash and £450 with a cheque for his children on a private arrangement. He paid this as she told him it is what he has to pay or he will not have contact. She left him after having yet another affair, taking the children with her, the contents of the house and a car he purchased for her two weeks prior. She had planned to leave 6moths earlier, so he found out. He was phoned by his 12 yr old daughter at work telling him he had been burgled, mother never collected her from school so she knew nothing.

To be able to pay her this, for three children, he had to do over time 6 days a week, 12 hour shifts, he did this for two years, then he met me.

After 6 months I moved in with him, she was not happy with this and caused no end of trouble, we got an injunction on her and contacted CSA

She then sent my partner a letter telling him to pay or she would go to the police and charge him with rape. He did not pay, she did not go to the police, but sent a text a day later asking him to help her tile her bathroom and would he have the children over night.

CSA took two years to sort out payments, she lied and told them she only received £450 with the arranged agreement and wanted two years back pay. The CSA told my partner he owed two years back pay from the arranged agreement between them, also two years back pay as they had been writing to an address I lived at 6 yrs before I met my partner in a different county.

His case has nothing to do with me, yet they did this!

They took all his wages twice with out telling us, we contacted the and that’s when they realized it was the wrong address they sent it to

She lied about his children staying, he would finish at 7pm at night, collect the children and take them back home the next morning at 6am. She stated that the children never stayed, CSA believed her, they did not ask why she decided that she was not being paid the correct amount.

CSA awarded her 2 yrs full pay they messed up as we could not contact her direct with a restraining order on her. CSA also awarded her 2yrs back pay of arrears that she said she did not have, on top of that, all the over time that was killing him was also looked at, so she had 4yrs worth of that!

My partner had to go back doing over time to be able to live. He was paying a remortgage as he did this to pay off dept in both names, paid the car loan off which she took. Because he paid it and remortgaged CSA would not accept it was her dept!

A year later, I sold my car and part exchanged my partners, he insisted in collecting his children in the new car. A day later CSA phoned, she wanted all her back pay now, they said there was £2000 in our bank, I explained it was to pay off dept so we could afford the new car to get to work, otherwise having the old car, we could not afford it to be repaired and would not get to work 14 miles away.

CSA forced us to sell our home, they gave us 6 weeks, otherwise they were taking £1000 from his wages every month, he brought home £2000 out of this he paid maintenance and back pay he didn’t owe, this amounted to £750 a month, we were going to lose every thing, so we had to sell, CSA constantly phoning. We got a buyer but had to drop our price by £22000, we moved out and could not get a mortgage as recession hit, criteria changed, we could not afford a rented home, we ended up living in a caravan. The day we left, his ex text him, forget the money I want you to stay. Well, we paid CSA the outstanding amount £2324.27 Thats right, she cost us our home, £22000 all for £2324.27

All this and I had been going through the courts at the same time to stop social services getting my grandchildren adopted! They lost their parents, their home, relatives, I had them living with us and could not save them their home, I begged and pleaded with CSA, they said “His children come first” they did not care that these two beautiful children were facing this after what they had already suffered.

I contacted CSA two weeks ago, my partners ex was still claiming for their daughter, she left college to work a year ago, our payments have been reduced to compensate, but nothing is done about her deception!

My questions are……

Can CSA give her back pay for two years, she did have the right amount but we cant prove it. It was an arrangement between them selves.

CSA claim that the case was not closed so they can back pay, even though it was us that contacted them.

Can I go to an Ombudsman to complain? There was no court order for us to sell, CSA pursued us to do it with the threat of taking half my partners wage, we would of got in to serious dept and lost our home.

We could not go to the ombudsman at the time as I was going through the court system for my children.

We have never missed a payment so how can they justify wanting the remainder in one lump sum!


  • carol says:

    Such utter evil in this world today on our own doorstep.

    Just watched the ITV Tonight program Breadline Britain, and just seems to me that this country is waiting to crash, and I mean seriously crash. The CSA know this, being government employees, the deficit is huge. They are clawing it back from NRPs, and PWCs are happy to do this for their own selfish reasons (such as in the situation in the opening post) and to top up their own income so they dont feel the pinch, or have to lose the kind of lifestyle they came acustomed to.

    The thing we need to have beef with, aside from the CSA, is the way this country is run, the way those from any party in power suck up to, and keep cushy, their corporate chums who are fleecing us ALL day in day out, over and over. If shit wasnt so expensive we could go to work for a decent wage, live on more than one meal a day, be warm, AND pay support to our children AND take them out and make being a kid fun and happy again

    But none of us can….because of the corporate scum frittering away our taxes, taxing us more, letting their energy buddies inflate and inflate prices, and their supermarket pals make the basic savers range cost the fucking earth, and fawning over them banking twats controlling it all.

    bastards bastards BASTARDS

    And OP, I see you have met the SS and their agenda…..been there myself and again, pure evil at play. Try googling Brian Gerrish….I am not saying you will keep grandkids but just know this is rife in this shithole country. I wish you well xx

  • Lisa says:

    Heartless pieces of shit at the CSA, why do these stories not surprise me anymore, they go to great lengths to make everybodies lives a bloody misery, when it closes down i for one will be happy so that they cant take the piss out of anybody else,

  • brett says:

    Yet another horrendous story. How much lower can the CSA and their muppet employees sink ?
    The NRP’s have no say in how their case is dealt with. Its just a case of believe the PWC all the time and take as much money as possible, including made up arrears from the NRP.
    When is this disgraceful corrupt system going to be looked into ? Maybe it will only be when people at the top in this country eg MP’s, judges and barristers are in the CSA system themselves.
    Look at other posts on here and follow the advice given. Good luck with your case.

  • John says:


    These incompetent muppets will get theirs some day soon, and when it happens we should all put a mass claim in for millions of pounds, as an act of restorative justice!

    Write directly to the Ombudsman, don’t involve your M.P. or the CSA, perhaps the Ombudsman could over-rule their original decision, even though its’ too late, you may be able to hold them to account, and be compensated!

    Good luck!

  • lisa says:

    Yet another family made homeless by the idiotic scum of the CSA, they really have no idea how to deal with people fairly,
    CSA complaints free phone number 08007838527 You may have been phoning and complaining to the CSA for a long time getting nowhere use this guide and you will see how quickly they respond. Please do excuse if I repeat the steps I have done this for a good reason. 1.Complain and Appeal and get your MP involved EMAIL the complaint and appeal copy everyone in.
    2.Order your Data Prints by post and email.
    3.Email all and sundry use the email list and email them every couple of days to remind them.
    4.Not happy with data prints items missing Complain to ICO be sure to copy everyone in. [email protected]
    This is what you do immediately if you believe the CSA are taking too much from you! ■First thing you must do is make an official Complaint and Appeal *EMAIL THE COMPLAINT*and contact your MP and get them involved regarding your issues you are having with the CSA. Mention that you believe that they have made an Official Error. Ask the CSA for the decision to be set aside as they are not leaving you enough to live on and is going to cause you an injustice. This is based upon Regulation 55 of the Child Support Act (Maintenance Assessment Procedure) 1992 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1992/1813/made
    Attach a copy of ALL your outgoings, even the things the CSA don’t allow for. Email a copy to your MP and all of the others in the email list further below it should get passed straight to the chief executive’s office. It is very much more than likely that they will then find errors in your assessment going back several years and use that as an excuse to drop the payments. You can find who your MP is via here http://www.writetothem.com As you will be emailing many politicians, ministers, ICE, ombudsman, complaints team etc all at the same time as per the email list below your emails will more than likely be forwarded to your MP in anyway. or use their [email protected] for example [email protected] [email protected] or simply just Google your MP if you know who they are and you will find their email address on their website. This is the email distribution list you are going to use for your Official Complaint and Appeal. Your MP [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Use the above, keep complaining, they will listen, if your not satisfied go further to ICE, then carry on pushing, your family lost there home because of incompetence of the idiot answering the phone, never deal with the shop floor staff, half of them have no idea what they are doing or how to work the computer system, and i can bet if you get the case file for your case there will be loads of data missing or lies about things they claim you have said/done and actually that not being the case,
    Good luck, dont let them get away with this,

  • Concerned says:

    Contact your MP and contact the Independent Case Examiner they are FREE. Never pay cash to the PWC, the CSA can ignore any payments made privately and it makes it even more difficult to prove. Keep every bank statement and wage slip you may need these for your case. The CSA are slipping up badly at the moment and more court cases are likely.

  • >