CSA Help

Cannot get maintenance from my ex husband

I have tried for over 3 years now to get maintenance from ex husband without any joy. He kept changing jobs and is now self employed and apparently little if any pressure is put on him apart from phone calls which he avoids, so it is so frustrating as it is obviously deliberate and calculated behaviour.

There is supposed to be a liability order being implemented but only when I complained and it is doubtful if i will see any money at the end of it.

He stands to get 40 % of house when sold and I pay mortgage, what a man !

Im at a loss knowing what to do apart from court and more sol fees im supporting his 4 kids and working all the bloody time just to keep mortgage going so angry atvsystem and craty useless men

6 thoughts on “Cannot get maintenance from my ex husband

  1. I sympathise with you, I know the CSA will tell you that they are limited to what they can do and that it’s very difficult to track someone who constantly changes jobs however, the whole reason the CSA was set up was to find a way to find and force ‘absent fathers’ like your ex to pay!! It baffles me that people like you (and thousands like you) are left without because the CSA won’t make the effort and find a way to make your ex pay!!

    If they DWP can resource benefit fraud (by whatever means neccesary) surely they can do the same for PWC who are genuinely needing help due to the NRP not paying a penny!!

    The CSA target decent NRP’s on PAYE to make their financial targets regardless of how it impacts him/her and their kids… the whole system is corrupt… and I don’t see it changing soon….

  2. unfortunately the CSA have no power over a person leaving their job, if a person decides to become self-employed it can mean that the income details supplied may not be as accurate as they could be ( I am saying CAN and this does not mean that ALL se-emp NRPs declare false income). It also makes enforcement more difficult, obviously if an NRP is on PAYE a DEO can be issued to the employer, when the NRP is the employer this is going to be less effective – clearly if a person as a parent is not willing to pay for their children the same person in their capacity as an employer is not going to suddenly pay up.

    Liability Orders are common with non-compliant se-emp NRPs but they are not always a guaranteed instant pay method.

    Has the LO been granted? If so what action has the CSA taken to obtain payment since it was granted?

  3. Hi

    Sorry your ex is such a selfish twonk.

    When he left his jobs did he inform the csa each time? Were they informed by a third party (employer/jobcentre etc)?

    If not they may have continued an assesment against him and could cahse him for arrears.

    ‘Alice’ works for the csa so she knows the rules on this.

    Don’t rely on the csa too much, especially if your ex is now self employed, they tend to only go after ‘soft’ targets ie those who are already paying and then ‘invent arrears, which dont always get passed on to the pwc, but go to the govrnment.

    To get a bit further stop phoning them and get everything in writing, do you have your data prints? (cost 310 i think) Have you complaine ‘formally’? Try this –

    This isnt the csa its an open forum so don’t give names/details etc especially of children. (your own name can be used to identify the kids, and your case)

    Don’t deal with the csa by phone, everything in writing, sent recorded, keep the receipts.

    Copy your MP into everything and try and get them involved as your advocate.

    Make a formal complaint about any decision you are unhappy with from the outset as time limits are involved. Always go for an appeal tribunal asap following the internal process.

    Get a copy of your Data Protection prints from the outset so you know what you are dealing with, again follow the correct procedure in wording your request to get ALL information, send it to the right department, send the correct fee.

    Don’t be afraid to complain about any csa staff, or their superiors if you feel you have just cause.

    Remember the process, internal complaint, ‘independent’ case examiner (the csa protection department), appeals tribunal, parliamentary and health service ombudsman through your mp for maladministration.’

    There are a couple of sites you can also look at –

    © ChildSupportLaws – general info. – not sure it will help but worth a look. – they don’t help you if you are getting advice elswhere. (I know you’re a mum but I think they just fight the csa whatever your sex) – I’ve heard of them and they get a good review but cost money. (£30pm I think)

    Read the various threads on here eg ‘Court ruling leaves child maintenance authority ‘emasculated’ – ‘November 1, 2012′

    You may pick up some useful info.

    Good luck and I hope you get him to see some sense and share the burden.

  4. Hi Jo
    really must check my spelling –

    cahse – should be chase

    (cost 310 i think) – should be (cost £10 i think)

    sorry about that.

  5. I would suggest to join the facebook groups for advice and support Child Support Agencies Failings etc.

  6. I feel for you truly and sadly Sally sums up the csa perfectly

    “The CSA target decent NRP’s on PAYE to make their financial targets regardless of how it impacts him/her and their kids… the whole system is corrupt… and I don’t see it changing soon”
    This is why honest hardworking NRP’s on the paye system are screwed for years because of the deadbeats like your ex.its a shame they can’t devote a little more time and given more powers to ensure people like your ex pay.then maybe they would cut the honest NRP’s some slack…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.