Can I change my son’s surname without his father’s consent?

January 26, 2014

Let me start by saying that have been divorced and re married my son’s father doesn’t pay maintenance as we have no way to contact him or know where to look. My current husband and I have been together for the past u could say 6 years and he has been dad to my son for all of it .

My son knows about his real dad but frequently asks to change his surname to that of his stepdad how do I change his surname if I can’t find my ex husband to give consent


  • Steve Ball says:

    Fully agree with TONY WALTER my ex thought she could use CSA as a weapon against me to agree to have his name changed I still said no and kept to my guns if anything it is backfired as when self employed which I am know as CSA can only take £15 a week of me and was going to pay more than this privately but she started all of this. All sad really my son used to come down a lot when younger but as been brainwashed by my Ex and mother in law. She even told me if I agree to a name change she would not have maintenace of me as if this is what I wanted. CSA was inevitable but for the wrong reasons.

  • >