What will the CSA do if you are on a zero hours contract?

July 24, 2014

If your on a zero contract, at any time they can say theres no work for you.

So how can csa work out what you pay for a child?

Comments

6 Responses to “What will the CSA do if you are on a zero hours contract?”

1. Peter Anderson on July 24th, 2014 4:05 pm

They look at your last six months payslips. Obvious. The contract is irrelevant, it is what you are actually paid that matters.

2. Richard on July 24th, 2014 5:27 pm

While I am speaking from theory, the CSA would contact your tax office to see your average wage over say the past year(s) (?) and make you pay on that basis.

3. Bill on July 24th, 2014 5:28 pm

They will use historical income.
    Normally the previous financial year obtained from HMRC.
    If you can demonstrate a difference of 25% in income they will complete a reassessment providing you provide evidence.

4. Mark on December 8th, 2014 7:31 pm

I typed this is and found this page to find out how much the csa would say I should be paying. I currently pay my ex more than enough for my children regardless put the answers above make me worry.

I’m working on a zero hour contract and should the csa or government look through my previous 6 wage slips I was earning a lot more then compared to now as my hours are slowly being cut over a quiet time so it would mean I can’t afford to pay for my kids or live myself if they set what to pay based on the previous 6 months.

If anyone knows the right answer about how the csa works with zero hours workers please post and possibly find a way to tag me in it so I can see.

5. Richard on October 8th, 2017 10:58 am

I.ve had a massive issue with CSA for months now. I have just recently retired from the army and plan on taking a holiday from work. I’m not earning but yet still need to pay my ex £399 a month with no income to cover it. I’ve had to stop payments because I feel this is the only way to get my point over to them. Even after over 2 hours of calls and 9 online messages including all proof of my unemployment they still state I have to pay the set amount. I just don’t get how they can go so unchecked within that organisation.
    Is there an ombudsman or an agency that can help out?

6. Sarah on October 11th, 2017 2:33 pm