They’re saying I can’t appeal – does anyone have any advice for me?

December 5, 2013

Hi I wonder if anyone else has had this done to them. The CSA calculated my payments and took the money by direct debit. Now they say I have arrears but I have never missed a payment.

I have asked for an arrears breakdown which I received today and they have got all the dates wrong when I wasn’t working and when I was, despite them telling me they don’t make mistakes. I told them I wish to appeal but they said I couldn’t.

Does anyone have some advice


8 Responses to “They’re saying I can’t appeal – does anyone have any advice for me?”

  1. Pete on December 5th, 2013 3:50 pm

    Hi, typicall CSA lies and wrong info sent to you, I suggest you join our group CSA rippoffs on Facebook, you will find sound advise and support

  2. Woody on December 5th, 2013 4:06 pm

    The csa are doing this alot, making up arrears despite the nrp never missing payments, they have done this to me 3 times in 13 years.
    It seems that every 3 or 4 years they make up these arrears and start hounding you until you crack and pay them.
    I’ve always given in and payed the extra, but this last time about 12 months ago i decided enough was enough.
    So went to see my mp with statements of account, which proves i’ve never missed a payment, my mp is still currently involved in fighting this and has admitted to me and the csa that these arrears are made up.
    Still the csa are insisting i have arrears, but hopefully with pressure from my mp eventually they will stop trying to fraudulantly put me into arrears.

    My advice go see your mp, make formal complaint to csa complaints department also, recorded delivery.
    Never speak to them on the phone, demand all correspondents are in writing and for your mp to be sent copies of all correspondents.
    Write to ian duncan smith and explain the situation, explaining everything and how it is making you feel and putting you into hardship etc.
    Above all don’t give up, fight the bloody scumbags, they have gotten away with this for far two long.
    We need to stand together, both nrps and pwc to change the csa, so that nrps pay an affordable amount and no longer treated as criminals, and the csa made to chase nrps who refuse to support their children. Not to target nrps who pay every month and are targetted so that the csa can hit their targets.

    Good luck,

  3. Becky KJ Mummywright on December 5th, 2013 4:08 pm

    u need all ur working info business names when u start when u end all wag slit or bank bill and take to the lawyer and YES u can appeal it they say u cant but u can they do it to loads off people

  4. Lorraine Rice Whitehouse on December 5th, 2013 6:32 pm

    Never start a direct debit with csa set up a standing order and change ur bank details.

  5. Carlos Fan Dango on December 5th, 2013 6:39 pm

    This has also happened to me!

    I had a phone call from them today saying that i am £11340 in arrears!
    I dropped the phone and collapsed into my chair when i heard that amount, when i asked why i am in so much arrears and that i have never missed a payment because it comes from my wages, and after all it was the CSA that said to the Army how much they want to take from me, why was it my fault that i am in arrears, and low and behold they couldn’t answer it.
    I also asked them why has it been allowed to build up to this amount and why didn’t they contact me sooner when it was even £1000 in so called arrears, and guess what? they couldn’t answer that one too….

    I have just got married but something is making me think that my darling ex wife has had something to do with this…

    What annoys me more is that my son is 18 and at Uni but not full time and I’m still lending him money etc and that he doesn’t get anything from his mum. I would gladly pay him directly and tried to reason with the [email protected] but she won’t have any of it…

    I am going to see the Citizen Advice Bureau on monday for advice….

  6. Peter Brown on December 5th, 2013 6:40 pm

    Complaints Resolution Team, F.A.O. Mr Bernard Devaney. Newcastle Office.

  7. Mark Seaman on December 5th, 2013 6:42 pm

    you need to appeal within 30days of recieving the letter.if you have tried to appeal over the phone and theyve said you cant,get a copy of the call and send it to can recieve a recording of the calls if you write in and ask for a copy of your file under the freedom of information will cost ten pounds AND you may need to check call evidence the give you as ive just found out i didnt get them all!!!!

  8. jo on December 6th, 2013 9:30 am

    Ask for your file which cost 10.00 and then make an appointment to see your mp. We had this problem with the csa and with 18 months of fighting them the arrears were infact nil and had an overpayment which we won’t get back….they wanted 13,000 from 1997 to 1999 when my husband was unemployed
    through injury, which the ex has appealed as fake, but not sure how he could fake 5 operations which are on his medical file but hey ho she’s going for it and we have a tribunal date set on the 24th january!

    Don’t stop fighting and keep appealing and never ring the csa, keep it all in writing!

Got something to say?