The CSA refused to take my autistic sons into account

March 8, 2013

Hi there. My son is almost 11.

After many years and with my son’s help, I managed to have my son on a 50:50 basis. I had been paying maintenance voluntarily for a number of years.

But after 4 months of 50:50 I ended the voluntary agreement.

My ex immediately ended the 50:50 to return to the court-ordered 60:40 split in her favour for her own financial benefit.

The CSA are now involved. I have advised that that I will be made redundant at the end of March.

I have made one payment, and naturally the account is in arrears.

I asked them to take into account my other two sons (aged 4 and 3) who have autism. I run 2 home programmes for them, special diets, homoeopathy, the lot. All funded by myself and my wife as treatment is not available on the NHS.

The CSA refused to take any of that into consideration.

Couple of questions:

1 – as I am to be made redundant at the end of this month, can the CSA make any claims on redundancy pay?

2 – what recourse is there for them to reconsider the plight of my two children who need the money that would go to me ex and not be spent on my eldest son.

Thanks in advance.


9 Responses to “The CSA refused to take my autistic sons into account”

  1. Peter Brown on March 8th, 2013 8:28 am

    The CSA are the worst type of pure scum, I hope every last one of them contacts cancer and has a really painful death

  2. Miranda Kate on March 8th, 2013 8:40 am

    Once again, Peter, its the government and the courts making these decisions, not CSA staff. But, its nice to know that you hope they all get cancer and die, really mature, that. I wonder how you’d feel if someone wished that on your family?

  3. Peter Brown on March 8th, 2013 8:47 am

    @ Miranda, you sound like a PWC, for your information, i have just nursed my Mother through terminal lung cancer, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, so I know exactly what cancer is, and at the same time the CSA were raping my salary. to such an extent that I will never work again because of the stress and depression of having to care for someone with no money, so stuff that up your arse you stupid cow, the CSA staff know exactly what they are doing, and they act otherwise than in accordance with the law, to stitch fathers up

  4. Sally on March 8th, 2013 9:05 am

    I’ll second that Peter….

    @ Mark… have you contacted your MP?? he/she might be able to help… some MPs are better than others but it’s definitely worth a try!!

    With regards to your question, I believe the CSA can include it but only if it’s over a set amount (the Citizens Advice Burea might be able to give you facts)..

    Good luck!

  5. Lisa Roberts on March 8th, 2013 9:23 am

    Peter I totally agree, the fact that csa take.whatever they feel whenever, just shows that the PWC can lounge around and get it all paid regardless, as a PWC and NRPP, I believe that the csa are a law unto themselves, shame on them for doing this to an autistic child when life is so difficult anyway,

  6. Daniel Chevalier on March 8th, 2013 9:41 am

    Join and they are there to help you as the csa etc are corrupt

  7. Alice on March 8th, 2013 10:23 am

    The CSA cannot assess your case on the basis of your redundancy pay, but they can consider this as available funds when negotiating the debt recovery.

    After you are made redundant you will require a re-assessment, if you are on benefit the assessment will be £5, if you are in a new job you will be assessed on your new income and if you are not working and not claiming benefits your assessment will be nil.

  8. Amanda Johnson on March 8th, 2013 8:17 pm

    the csa can only take law allows them to take. yes can take redundancy into account but ask for a variation based on your circumstances.

  9. lisa on March 11th, 2013 7:15 pm

    CSA complaints free phone number 08007838527 You may have been phoning and complaining to the CSA for a long time getting nowhere use this guide and you will see how quickly they respond. Please do excuse if I repeat the steps I have done this for a good reason. 1.Complain and Appeal and get your MP involved EMAIL the complaint and appeal copy everyone in.
    2.Order your Data Prints by post and email.
    3.Email all and sundry use the email list and email them every couple of days to remind them.
    4.Not happy with data prints items missing Complain to ICO be sure to copy everyone in. [email protected]
    This is what you do immediately if you believe the CSA are taking too much from you! ■First thing you must do is make an official Complaint and Appeal *EMAIL THE COMPLAINT*and contact your MP and get them involved regarding your issues you are having with the CSA. Mention that you believe that they have made an Official Error. Ask the CSA for the decision to be set aside as they are not leaving you enough to live on and is going to cause you an injustice. This is based upon Regulation 55 of the Child Support Act (Maintenance Assessment Procedure) 1992
    Attach a copy of ALL your outgoings, even the things the CSA don’t allow for

Got something to say?