My new partner pays rent to my ex – should this be included in his income?

July 21, 2013

My ex-husband is querying how much child maintenance he should be paying for our two children aged 7 and 6.

He earns £615 net per week and my new partner pays him £170 per week rent. Should the rent be included in my ex’s income if we use the CSA website’s calculator or just what he earns as a salary, as the rent is an additional income to his salary?


5 Responses to “My new partner pays rent to my ex – should this be included in his income?”

  1. Vicky Sedgwick on July 21st, 2013 8:14 am

    You need to be carful cos if you add the rent as income, ex cud get funny n say he wants your fella out the property .

  2. Mike Paul Rathbone on July 21st, 2013 8:18 am

    And lets face it is £120 a week not enough?

  3. Alasdair Cameron on July 21st, 2013 9:03 am

    CSA don’t care bout income for rent or anything else they say !

  4. Julie Tippey on July 21st, 2013 9:49 am

    If you rent property out it is a taxable income so should be counted along side any other income

  5. Gonk on July 22nd, 2013 10:20 am

    Be satisfied with what you getting already you money grabbing leach…this typifies so many pwc like you…out for whatever cash you can bleed from the ex with full blessing from the bastard CSA

Got something to say?