My friend pays CSA but isn’t allowed to see his children – what can he do?

July 19, 2013

My friend pays CSA for his two children. However he is not allowed to see them after a messy break up. He is trying to action a divorce and his ex will not allow him to see the children. Social services said he can see them but as they live with the mother she makes the decitions. He has no rights, is there anything he can do?


8 Responses to “My friend pays CSA but isn’t allowed to see his children – what can he do?”

  1. Alasdair Cameron on July 19th, 2013 8:08 am

    I’m in the same shit, tell him to go see his local MSP with all his paper work , The SNP are helping me, worth a try

  2. Adrian on July 19th, 2013 8:20 am

    Take her to court. Which could turn out very expensive. Or just let it go. Depends on the person.
    Crap situation and the CSA is not geared up for this situation but they are more than happy to take the money. You don’t mention how old the children are ?? I know for a fact that once the child reaches 12 they are seen by law to be able to make certain decisions for them self. What I mean by this. Is that if the child says they want to see there other parent then really the parent with care can’t stop them. If they do then the authorities can get involved but this all depends on whether the child will hold up and say yes. I want to see him / her. Sometimes it’s just best to ride it out as the child will make there own mind up eventually.

  3. Phil Hopkinson on July 19th, 2013 8:31 am

    It will cost 200 to take it to court, get a contact order / residence order!
    If there is no legal reason why you can’t see them, then she can’t stop you. The courts will frown upon any mother who stops access, as its bad for the children, my ex did the same so I took her to court and see my kids every week and every other weekend, and half the holidays.
    Also for the record the money has nothing to do with access, she can’t stop you seeing the kids unless there is potential harm.
    Go to separated dads site there are many legal templates there to help.
    But the only way is get a contact order, and good luck!

  4. Sally on July 19th, 2013 9:03 am

    There is almost nothing you can do… as Adrian says, you could take her to court and the court could raise and access order of ‘x’ amount of days per month, however, if your ex chooses to ignore it there is nothing the legal system can do to enforce it and they you to take her to court again….

    It’s asolutely rediculous… I personally don’t understand why, when there is evidence the PWC is not following the court order, the child maintenance money cannot be suspended for 3/6/12 months as punishment… this would be the incentive for the PWC to allow the child to have relationship with the NRP…

  5. Michael Davies on July 19th, 2013 10:38 am

    go to court do if your own back if you have too. As long as your a good father you will always get some kind of access

  6. jan hall on July 19th, 2013 10:42 am

    My husband and I have spent thousands got to see the wee one for a bit. Then phycho mother stopped contact again. Child phychologist got involved what a waste of time. She was supposed to analyse she didnt . Ex has even stopped paternal grandparents seeing and they had a relationship for 10 years. Why do women use kids as pawns. They even made us use our babies as pawns to entice a visit. court system sucks yet she still gets overpaid by the csa when it should be reduced due to change of circumstances.

  7. Andrew Llewellyn on July 19th, 2013 2:23 pm

    Going to court is a waste of time and money. 1st they’ll get cafcas involved, who will be all too willing to believe any sob story the mother spews out. Then, when you have the contact order in place, all will be well for a few months, then as soon as the solicitors close the files up it will all start again, and it will cost you more than 1st time around to get the files retrieved and to get it back in front of a judge. I had a contact order put in place back in 2006, and to be honest, since then I’ve probably seen my kids less. Believe me, contact orders are not worth the paper they’re printed on.

  8. CSA warrior on July 20th, 2013 3:56 pm

    listen to phil hodgekinson victory is a dead cert. all she can do is defy the court order. if she dopes that its contempt of court and you can get custody due to her own actions good luck

Got something to say?